Receiver for Bose Acousticmass 3 series IV speaker system

Username: Gvbhaskar

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am looking for a receiver for Bose acousticmass 3 series IV speaker system, this has two speakers and a acoustic mass module. My budget is 150-250$, can you please suggest?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1226
I suggest either stick with the bose receiver or just buy a new speaker system. The bose system attenuates the higher frequencies, pushes the midrange, and crosses over to the sub at a very high frequency; which is how they design their speakers to play. This is the Bose sound. Pairing a different receiver with these systems will not give the Bose sound and it will be terrible.

Here is a review that I believe describes the Bose design well -

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Pay attention to the frequency graph in the middle, notice the hole between where the Bass module and the satellites play? With a different receiver this will be even larger. Also I don't believe the satellites have a low pass filter, which means they will be very easy to blow given a full range signal.

Buying a $50 RCA surround system would even be a better option.

Username: Gvbhaskar

Post Number: 2
Thank you for your feedback, as I was not aware of all these facts, I already bought the Bose system, I couldn't find Bose receiver in Bose site, I could find Amplifier, but I hope it works only with the receiver. Please let me know if I am wrong, also please suggest a receiver which works with these speakers, Thank you for all the help.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 959
that amplifier is to use if you have a lifestyle system, not direct connection to a speaker and CD player.

For a receiver, I recommend Pioneer or Pioneer elite. They have a warm sound, and that compliments the sound of the speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us