Dead PSB Subsonic ii

Username: Gulliver

Post Number: 1
Just trying to figure out if this is something I can fix or get fixed. 11 years old, has worked flawlessly. No power light and no sound. Replaced it with another (borrowed sub) and got sound. I'm not a techie by any stretch but am fairly handy. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 385
I think after 11 years of service this sub owes you nothing. Probably not worth getting fixed.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 687
I would just buy a new one as well. Sounds like the whole internal amp is shot.

Bronze Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 49
Unless it is an easily accessible fuse, probably forget it.
HSU Research and others make subs for 300$up which are fine HT/Music subs.
If this sub has a plate amp, it MAY be feasible to purchase a new amp and replace it...but then you are dealing with a driver that has had over a decade of presumably hard use........

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 389
My thoughts exactly...

Username: Gulliver

Post Number: 2
Thanks to all.
I think my favorite line was "It owes me nothing"
Very True.
I think I probably spent 8-900 on that.
So....whats good out there?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2636
I have an itch to say "build your own," but sadly, most aren't willing.

I'll simply -try- to explain it succinctly.

There are many people who would design one for you free (they just do it in their spare time, and they know a lot) based on your preferences, then send you the info on how to build it. You can get a LOT for under $1000 self-built. I've experienced the results. Of course, most aren't willing to go that route.

... There are plenty of options in that price range (probably one of the MOST competitive price ranges for subs these days).

There's SVS, HSU, ML, and many others I would easily recommend.

SVS is probably better for movies IMHO. HSU is good for either one. ML is also good for either one, but according to my ears, tends to excel with music. I listen to a LOT of music. I've probably listened to over 60 hours of music already this week.

I have nothing else to add, except I hope you make an informed decision based on your preferences of material (movies, music, what have you).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us