I need a good pair of speakers and subwoofer sub beinging most important for under 1500$

Username: Kenziedude

Post Number: 1
kk i need a really good pair of speakers and a sub my room is really small cause im living with my parents i think the measurmetns are 15ft by 9 ft i think.i couldnt find a tape measure so i just estimated. i would really apreciate any help. i signed up just for this so i hope i get some goos response and i live in a really tiny town only about 6000 people so their isnt any where i can go test speakers out:-( excuse my spelling

Post Number: 2
oo ya and they will be used mostly for music

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11428

We'll need some more information. Do you already own an amplifier? Have you heard any speakers that you like? How about the sub? In such a small room, can you place the speakers anywhere you like or are you limited to certain placement locations?

Post Number: 3
NO I DONT HAVE AN AMPLIFIER BUT THATS NOT PART OF THE 1500$ ILL BUY ONE WITH OTHER MONEY UM I LIVE IN TO SMALL OF A TOWN TO HEAR ANYTHING OTHER THAT LIKE SONY SPEAKERS AND THAT AND I DOTN WANT THOSE UM SPEAKERS CAN GO ANYWHERE THE WANT AND YES I WANT A SUB AND GOOD ONE CAUSE ILL BE GETTING A HOUSE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS

Post Number: 5
oo srry that post kinda got messed up my keyboard is having problems and so am i okay my space is no limited and i want a good sub and speakers and possible sumthing about a sub i have very limted knowledge about this stuff so ill do my best to answer questions that might help u

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2616
I'm not really sure exactly what you're looking for. But, if you want bass that's intense and powerful, this might suit you.

http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=7496

http://www.behringer.com/EP2500/index.cfm?lang=eng

I'm really just kidding. That would probably reach over 140+dB in your room...quite painful.

Of course, it might be better if you just get some HSU sub and a receiver or whatever.

Post Number: 6
it is okay im not going to be living in that room for long my houses living room is 600square feet and thats where they will be going and if i have to i have sent aside 20,000 for a KICKASS system i was thinking of the pardigm signature series anyone else no if their is sumthing better for cheaper?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 521
The Paradigm Sigs for the money are quite nice Mack.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2617
If you get the P-digm (I have a bias for them), make sure to get good power. I'm sure the others can help out there.

Since I tend to specialize in the bass area, I can give some advice there. If you can woodwork and learn basic principles of it, you could build a DIY subwoofer with 4 18" Fi Q drivers with each pair powered by an EP2500. If you don't want to take up so much space, or can't woodwork, you might want to listen to Paradigm's Signature Servo, MartinLogan's ESL line of subwoofers, HSU, or something of the like. All have good performance (though I have a bias towards MartinLogan).

It's really your choice. I like providing advice for a $20,000 system's bass whether it's real or not.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 955
specialize in the bass area? some of us think you like concert pa levels of bass, and to heck with everything else

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Bass should blend in with the music. Bass should push the music forward, not drown it. lol. The subwoofers Andre mentioned are all very nice though.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11443

Where are you going to purchase the equipment if all you have available to audition is Sony and the like? Will you order over the internet? I assume you've not heard the Paradigms. What's the plan? $1500 is quite a bit to spend without heraing anything. Is there no oportunity to travel to another city where more equipment is available for audition?

Post Number: 7
oo i will travel to edmonton and my uncles have a pair of pardigm cinema 330 and a ultracube 12 and they sound incredible... im hoping that the signature series sounds better though:-)

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2619
Seriously though, the UltraCube 12 is NOTHING compared to a lot of subs. I don't like the UltraCubes because I had a bad experience with one, but hey, I have a large room.

I'd go for a Signature Servo at the very least.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11465

What exactly would you like us to suggest? You are better off buying speakers you can audition beforehand than buying something on a recommendation only.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
Andre- The Ultracube subs, if used properly can result in very nice, accurate, tight, defined bass. If your using one for a bass concert, sorta like your room is a large trunk and you want to slam just solid bass at 110db's than, no, their nothing compared to some.lol.

Mackenzie- Jan is right, you need to go listen to some and see if you will like them. Although the Signature series Paradigms will absolutely SMASH the on wall Cinema 330's. They will need a lot more power though to be pushed.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 760
If this is true "and if i have to i have sent aside 20,000 for a KICKASS system", you could do better then put $1500 into speakers.

Try for a balanced synergistic system. Why have only $1.5 K in speakers? Are you going to have a TT? Room treatments speaker wire and IC all factor in as do racks / stands. Try to think big picture before you "settle" on $1500 for speakers. This could help you avoid weak links and the upgraditis merry-go-round.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us