B&W Synergy

Bronze Member
Username: Avnovice

AL

Post Number: 23
Hi all,

I've seen the posts on the Rega and Naim over in the cdp area and had some questions about synergy here.

I'm going to stay with the B&W 603 s3's I have now for mains (or upgrade to 683 if they appeal to me). Meanwhile I'm still looking at stuff to audition for a better 2 channel. Some of the combos I'm considering are below.

NAD C372/Rega Apollo
Creek Destiny/Rega Apollo
Naim 5i/Naim cd5i
Rotel 1082 pre/Rotel 1072 cdp (already have Rotel amp)

Any other combos you would suggest to audition?
Any of these you would remove from consideration?

.... and why?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 508
Avnovice-All the listed equipment are good in their own way. Obviously you have to hear them to see which stuff you like the best. The Rotel combo has been a long time favorite for B&W speakers. Still doesn't mean you will like it. I heard a Arcam amp and a Arcam cd player combo on B&W speakers, and it too sounded very nice. I would maybe add that to the list to audition.

Bronze Member
Username: Avnovice

AL

Post Number: 24
Thanks Nick,

Yes, I am aware of the Rotel connection. Luckily for me, my nearest Rotel dealer also has Arcam (and Krell - I'd have to get it used, but the KAV 400 is too deep for my furniture).

I can hear the NAD/Rega combo at another dealer, and the Naim at yet another. I'll probably be forced to pick the source first, which is the way to go based on lots of opinions. It would be difficult to hear anything with the Creek on this list, other than Creek cdp, unless I purchase the source first.

I've also read that the Naim 50 watts is a rose by another name. However, I'm really curious if it has enough umph for the B&W's. I've seen other posts which suggest against the Naim 5i for the B&W 700's, but those are different from the 600's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us