Paradigm Signature V2

Bronze Member
Username: Bushd841

Post Number: 13
Has anyone test driven the new Signature V2 speakers from Paradigm, especially the S6 and S8?
How do they sound with the improvements they've added?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 469
Amazing. Heard the S8's on a Anthem Pre/Pro setup at Lindens about 2 months ago. They just sound very good to my ears Dennis.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 130
I havent heard the S8's but did hear the S6's they sounded very good! I would have gotten them but theey are just way to expensive, they were hooked up to a yamaha receiver though, the RX-V2700 Im sure they sounded alot better to what nick listened to them on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
lol Shawn you should have slapped the guy who had those hooked up to a Yamaha receiver. When I was listening to the Studio 60's and 100's at Lindens they had them both on a Denon receiver and I made the guy switch it, and made him feel pretty bad for hooking them up to it in the first place.lol. In a nice way of course.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
lol the guy told me that he had never heard anything better, but im not saying nothin cause thats his opinion, he actually tol me that he has never heard of harman Kardon! I told him thats what I had, and he just looked at me like I was nuts or something. he tried to sell me the yamaha but of course I wasnt going for it lol.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 995
"that he has never heard of harman Kardon!"

Wow... thats some impressive ignorance. And they deal in JBL???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
There's a dealer here in Tampa that carries both Paradigm and McIntosh, although he doesn't have the new S2 speakers yet. Makes me wonder how good they'd sound in a Mac system with 200 w/pc.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 997
Listened to the S2s off NAD gear at Soundworks in Kensington MD a couple weeks ago. I'd have to say they were my favorites that I spent any real time listening too. They had some Totems, Aerials, and Thiels up for competition, as well as some much pricier stuff (Wilson, Krell, top shelf Vandersteen, etc) that I didn't spend much time listening too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
lol yep sure enough they do, I couldnt believe that, the guy I had to deal with was an idiot. His exact words to me were, Harman kardon? what is that like some generic brand that nobody wants? and then he told me that yamaha was the only way to go if I wanted quality sound, and he sound pioneer and denon there to. to him yamaha is the best of the best I guess lol. and then he decided to turn it up to where it was distorting really bad, but finally he let me play with it myself, and thats when I did my auditioning.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 998
Sounds like a highly knowledgeable salesman. Curious why hes bothering to work in a store like that without actually wanting to learn anything about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
I really couldnt tell you that one, but he was the only one, Ive went in there a few times and gotten good salesmen who knew what they were talking about for the most part.

Silver Member

Post Number: 476
Does the store not sell anything higher end than Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer? Or do they plan on just selling high end speakers like the Sigs? If a guy told me that Yamaha was the only way to go I would have left.lol. See ya!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
nope those are the main three brands they sell I wish I did have more of a selection but I dont mind, even though I have to go all the way to kansas city with is about an hour away just to pick up my Harman Kardon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
Harman Kardon I like, Yamaha/Denon I don't care for.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 320
What is it about Denon you don't like Nick? I've never owned Denon, I thought they had a good rep?

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
David- They just do not sound good to my ears, at all. Just my opinion really. I have heard Denon a lot, and not once was I impressed. It just lacks something to my ears.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 321
Fair 'nuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Bluemark81

NB Canada

Post Number: 12
I can't comment on the S6 or S8, but the S2's are fantastic. Highly recommended, especially when matched with Velodynes DD-15 to provide the lower frequencies that the S2's don't produce.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8842
The high tech rack that it looks like now.
I like it Blue!
Post it over to system pic's below

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 13
Nuck.....Thanks....what does your first comment mean?

I'm not sure where/how to post to my system pics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8843
It means a great system rack, Blue,

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 14
Thanks, but my next purchase is a better rack.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Here's a great review of the S8 V2.

http://www.avrev.com/equip/paradigm_signature_s8_speakers/

Gold Member

Post Number: 8851
Good review indeed, thanks DB.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 15
Yes, thanks DB, that is certainly a great review. I know I am very pleased with the S2's, especially when used with the DD-15 sub. My only minor disappointment, and I stress, minor, is that the grills are not black. They are a dark grey. I have a pair of Studio 20's which use the same grill except the fabric on the 20's are a true black which looks far better against the piano black finish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 534
Nice Blue, I see you added some new components since I last seen pics of your setup.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 16
Yes Nick. I'm not sure what system you last saw of mine, but within the last couple of months I've added a Simaudio Moon Titan power amp for my fronts and side surrounds, and Adcom GFA-5500 for my rear surrounds so 200 wpc x 7, a Velodyne DD-15 and a Rotel RCD-991 CD player amongst other things such as new cabling/power cords.

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
Sweet stuff Blue, nice work. You find the Simaudio add a much needed amount of power and clarity over the Anthem?

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 17
Nick: The Anthem was a nice piece for the money, but no comparison to the Titan. They are a totally different caliber of amp. The Titan would probably be more comparable to Anthems P5. The Titan is a brute at 110lbs. The bass is cleaner and quicker than the PVA7, especially at higher volumes. Soundstage also is larger. It never loses its composure regardless of the volume or the source material.

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
I was gonna say, Simaudio make great stuff. That thing is huge, could be used as a coffee table.lol. Very nice piece indeed.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 18
A friend of mine thought it was a sub the first time he saw it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
LOL, funny thing about that is that I called my fiance over to the computer and said to her, "Check out this guys power amp"(the simaudio), she looks at the picture and says, "sweet, but look at his sub at the bottom".
LOL so funny u mentioned that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8867
Simaudio make some good trucks.
Gimme a hand with this.
Grunt!

Blue, you got some serious stuff going on there.

Cheers!

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
Indeed he does, Paradigm Sigs and Simaudio. MmmMMMmmmm *drool*. After I get married the Paradigm Sig's are near the top of list for choices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
Blue when you were my age (25) what did you have for a system? Just curious. To see how far along I am until I have a setup like that.LOL. Damn. Happy Thanks GIVEN, Nuck and Blue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8875
After you get married, your choices will be laid out for you, bro.
As an opener, anyhow.
When is the money maker Stag and Doe?

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 19
That is going back a ways, but I think it was a NAD integrated amp, Yamaha CDP with Mirage speakers. I've changed many times since then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
LOL sometime before next June Nuck. Money isn't really the issue, its the "Wife won't let me until after the wedding" factor.LOL!! Although I just bought some sexy WAF factored Isolation cones for my cd player and Blu-Ray player. Still something I guess.

My life is going to packed full of Audio upgrades. lol. I like the sound I get now of course, but its just too damn fun not to buy newer, better products. God I love Audio!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
Blue- When I purchased my system I auditioned Rotel,NAD, with Paradigm,Mirage,Mission speakers and I liked the NAD/Paradigm combo the best. I prefer the NAD sound over the Rotel at that time, just to my ears I liked the warm mids and the rolled off highs. It really seems that the whole ROtel/NAD war is pretty close to being split down the middle with who likes which better. As you and Nuck both like the Rotel. I think it really depends on the speaker match up as well, of course. My dealer now has Monitor Audio and Bryston. In the future Im going to be looking at some Bryston, and the Paradigm Sigs. My dealer is thinking about bringing on board the NAD Masters Series as well, which I have heard and Loved. Have any experience owning any Bryston stuff?

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 20
Nick: No experience with owning Bryston myself, but I am familiar with it and would not hesitate to go that route. As you can tell from my gear, I am very fond of Canadian products (Sim, Anthem, Paradigm, Virtual Dynamics)as well as British (Rotel and B&W). Bryston is a very reputable high end Canadian manufacturer and in fact, I have heard Monitor Audio (British) with Bryston and it produces a very nice sound. When I was auditioning the Sigs, they had them and the MA's hooked up to a Bryston B100SST integrated amp and BCD-1 CD player. The MA's were the RS6. Since I now own the Sigs, you know which I preferred. They also had the Paradigm Studio 60 V3 hooked up and they did not even compare to the MA's. The Sigs were far superior to either in sound and appearance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
Indeed The Sigs would rock them. To compare the MA speakers to the Sigs, you would have to go up to the Monitor Audio Gold Series, which from what my dealer who sells both says, they are comparable. Still, I have heard the Signatures 2 or 3 times now, and they are amazing. Imaging is crazy. I too, like to keep things Canadian. Supporting the Canadian companies. Plus we make good stuff.lol.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 21
The Silver Series MA's were all they had in at the time. I have no doubt the Gold Series would be a very nice speaker since I was quite impressed with the sound of the Silvers for the money. The MA's are just a bit too boxy in appearance for my liking. Too "Future Shop or Best Buy" looking but that certainly is not to imply they don't have a great finish. I just think you have to get up close to appreciate the attention to detail. My wife much preferred the look of the Sigs and I preferred the sound of the Sigs, so we were both happy.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 482
Nick, I own Bryston "stuff"!
I was down to Classe or Bryston, and went the Bryston route. Very similar in the fact that they are both nuetral amps, I just felt that the Brystons had a little more "beef" in the lower freq's than the Classe offered. It was a very close decision, but in the end, I think the warranty Bryston offers, and the stronger presence in the low freq's Bryston offered was too good to pass up.
FWIW I use in my main system 14B SST, 6B SST, and 7B SST.
Great product, and really, to me, a great bang for buck product as well.
And I dont think customer service can be beat. I had gotten a 7B 19" face, with a damaged corner, and they replaced it with a plate that they dont even make any more (17" w/handles) to match my 14B&6B SST at no additional cost. They respond quickly, and stand behind their product.

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
Blue- I think I will probably go with the Sigs for the same reasons.

David- Good to know man, Bryston will be on the top of my list as well.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 22
I don't think you will regret it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8887
Dave, I didn't know that till I re-read your profile.Nice.

I A/B'd a Bryston or three when I bought the Classe kit, and found a touch of harshness in the Bryston amp next to the Classe stack.
That said, I already knew that I was getting the Classe, so some 'Jedi mind trick' happening.

I also am now paying 200 to repair the Classe DAC, Bryston would fix anything for shipping, now and the foreseeable future.

David, would you have to ship to Canada or is it done locally?
Not that you would ever need the services(knock wooden head).

Gold Member

Post Number: 8888
That Bryston experience also puts me in a very small percentile, BTW.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2160
Nuck -
As far as I know, Bryston doesn't cover digital gear for 20 years. CD players and DACs (I'm assuming) are covered for 5 years.

Bryston's US service HQ is in Vermont.

Your Bryston exeperince isn't out of the ordinary. Some people also find them dry and/or dull. My experience tells me it has a lot to do with what its connected to at the source end and speakers end.

Although Classe may be a little softer or smoother, relatively speaking. Also keep in mind that Classe's entry level gear is priced significantly higher than Bryston's entry and possibly mid level stuff.

Bronze Member

NB Canada

Post Number: 23
Nuck: Although it comes down to what you prefer yourself, give Simaudio a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8895
Blue, I've listened to quite a bit of Sim/Moon stuff.
Very good.
Most shops that do Classe have a Moon setup somewhere in there.
Not as uncommon as it seems.
The shop in Dallas that Mike took me to was a B&W NA retailer.
With lots of Mac and Moon as well.
Nice shop.
Head to head competition.

Classe stuff new is overpriced, IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 483
Nuck, I can have it fixed here in Ptld at a dealer I visit a little too frequently! I'm sure if its something they cant fix, it gets sent up North, but at no additional cost.

In my experience, I didnt find them dull at all, hence the purchase! But, Classe was a close second like I mentioned.

The audio world goes round, and I think its all personal preference once you get past a certain level? For me anyway.

Thought you were selling your Classe "big dog" kit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 550
"The audio world goes round, and I think its all personal preference once you get past a certain level"?

Very very true David.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us