Yamaha speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 122
are yamaha speakers any good? or would jbl be better? I was looking at the yamaha NS-777 floorstanding speakers and the jbl stadium 3 way 8 inch speakers, they are both are at my pricepoint, I will be useing them with a harman kardon AVR-645 receiver, or if anybody know of better for about the same price that will match well with my H/K please tell.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 987
What do you like to listen to? How big is your room? Other equipment to be used in this system?

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
I like to listen to, all kinds of rock, some country, and a very little r&b. I have a mid sized room, dont know the exact messurements, and a H/K cd player will be my source.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11360

I would not pair Yamaha and HK, but that's just my opinion. Really, I wouldn't pair Yamaha speakers with anything.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 989
I don't know much about the Yammy speakers, so I won't comment on them.

I suspect that the JBLs would do OK on rock and R&B, although depending on the type of country, it might fall short. Depends on whether you mean Johnny Cash country or Rednex country. Obviously a big difference between the two.

In either case, it won't hurt to listen. Some other speakers I would add to the audition list are the Infinity Primus 36 and Polk RTi 8.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
how would the polks pair with my H/K? I cant audition these speakers though cause nowhere around here sells them.

Bronze Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 78
No polks in your neck of the woods? Jesus, they're freakin everywhere here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
nope I live in a small city in missouri, dont have much here, but best buy and a couple other little shops none of them sell polks, there is a shop here that does sell paradigm, jbl and klipsch.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 463
you should be then listening to some Paradigm, JBL and Klipsch. Infinity,Polk and Paradigm will match well with the H/K. Yamaha speakers are awful in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 312
I recently sold a pair of Yamaha NS-30x's that I had kicking around since the late 80's. They were just too painful to listen to. The went LOUD, but they just didn't sound all that good.

Username: Sobeeatch

Post Number: 2
Yamaha speakers are mediocre at best. But listen and decide for yourself. Vigne's comments too general to rely on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
well I finally made some purchases, I bought the paradigm monitor 11's, a paradigm CC-290 center, paradigm ADP-390 surrounds, and a paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer. yeah I went WAY over my budget (who needs a new car?)but I just loved the way this combo sounded I was actually able to bring all these speakers home to audition them, credit card on file of course, I hooked them up and gotta say, a huge diference in quality than these pioneer speakers I was useing. Of course I had to get the girlfriend some nice jewlery for spending that kind of money, but hey whats a guy to do, both of us are happy now, and I didnt get locked out lol

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 994
Good to hear Shawn. Enjoy your new gear!

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 316
Congrats SB. What version of the Monitor 11's did you buy? The latest are v5.... I've had the Monitor 7's (v4) for about a year and a half now, and I love them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
I did get the v5.. and I love them to, very happy with my purchase.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8764
Pretend you are the Government, Shawn.
Budgets are flexible at worst, an imaginary figgure at best.

Congrats and have fun!

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
Congrats Shawn, good pick up. Love the pw2200 Sub man that thing slams. I hope your neighbours are not an arms length away man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
lol best part about that is I have NO NEIGHBOURS! I live right by the woods and the neighbours that I did have just moved out hehe. and yeah that thing does slam! I listened to the unforgiven by metallica and I felt it in my chest, dont plan on doing it often just seeing what it could do lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
Yeah, did u get a chance to listen to the Ultracube or Seismic line? I went with the Ultracube just because I had room size issues. The PW is the size of a coffee table.lol But if you got the room its a nice piece.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
no I didnt really listen to those, the dealer carried them I think, but the only two I listened to was the monitor 11's and the signiture S6's I have a fairly good sized livingroom, I just plopped the sub in the corner and angled the fronts alittle to point right at my listening chair, and it was very nice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
Good stuff. My friend has pretty much the same setup as u except his are all the V4. Same receiver as u as well. But he threw in a 5 channel Rotel power amp. It sounds good man. Congrats again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us