MTS Speakers

Username: Jackndelphine

NY

Post Number: 1
Hi, I had a quick question for you guys, I bought one of those MTS 3100 home theater systems about a year ago, and yes, I have read all the stories about them being scams and whatever, I paid nothing for the system and I think it sounds great!! Anyway, my idiot cat knocked one of my rear channel speakers off a shelf and it fell about 4 ft onto the floor and the magnet broke off the back of the speaker. Well I am trying to find a replacement speaker, but I don't know what kind it is, all I could find on the speaker was on the magnet it has printed "L415" the speaker is about 2 3/4" and the magnet is about as big around as the speaker is. I looked around on the net a little and the closest speaker I could find to it was the Sony XBR TV Speaker, it also said it could be used for BOSE Cubes, it listed the range and all that stuff but I don't know what mine is supposed to be. I know it probably would help if I had a little more info for you guys but unfortunatly I don't. If anyone could help I would appreciatte it!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8750
Hi John. replace then in pairs and you will be fine.
Always replace in sets.

Cheers!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11357

Take the existing speaker to any audio shop such as Best Buy or Circuit City and ask for a replacement. Make sure the speakers you buy (a pair) are 8 Ohm impedance. If there are no adjustments for speaker levels provided in the main system (you would find these in the set up menu), ask the salesperson to suggest a speaker that is roughly equal in output level to the original.

I suspect there are repair centers for MTS. If so, contact a repair center if you would like to order an exact replacement speaker.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us