Wheres Frank when you need him!?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 602
Here I bring up another question relating to cables. Yup copper and silver..

As we all know removing the brass jumper plates on the connections panel of a speaker and replacing for wire gives huge improvements.

I use chord carnival classic cable from my amp to speakers (love it)
And I use some custom twisted Gale cable to replace the jumpers (I twisted 3 lots of gale xl105 together, 4 times for the 4 links).

I know that the chord sounds far far better than the Gale.

So do I replace the jumper connections with Chord Carnival Classic so its the same as my speaker cable or shall I go for the Chord Carnival Silver Plus (hmm..silver..harsh!?!)?

Cheers folks

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1601
Why not just try it, listen and decide, JJ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
I might do that. I'd only require 1metre of each cable so its not that pricey. £8 altogether for a metre of each.

Shopping list before I go university in 9 days:
-That cable
-Pay off rest of new speakers (still to come)
-Get some stainless steel spike shoes for my stands..are they needed? I dont wanna annoy everyone else at uni.
-Get some kiln dried sand to fill the stands with
-Jeans and shirt

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 484
Beer.
You forgot the beer.

Good luck at uni and enjoy the music JJ

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
O yeaa Stryvn! For now though, my 5 cans of Guinness will have to do.

Thank You!!

p.s. wont be getting any spike shoes as I realised only needed for wooden/laminate flooring.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8707
Gee, and all along I thought the spikes were to penetrate the carpeting and provide a solid level point.
Of course the spikes could sit on 8 pence pieces for wooden trod-planks.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 707
You mean the spikes aren't meant solely for sending one screaming from the room hopping on one leg with blood dripping from the big toe of the foot connected to the other leg?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11344

Not for the rest of us they're not.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2375
Sorry JJ, been on holiday!

As to your query, some would say that there's little point in using a better cable than your speaker cable as jumpers. Some would say otherwise. In this case, I'd use Carnival Classic since it's easy to use as a jumper. The Carnival Silver Plus is an exemplary cable and far better than Carnival Classic - no worries about the silver plating. However, its construction doesn't lend itself to jumpering since it is a 6-way helix of solid cores and really needs termination at both ends (rather than just tinning. If you wanted to use a better cable to jump with to future-proof yourself, try to get a dealer to be nice and give you or charge you for half a metre of Odyssey which is what I usually use as a jumper in the shop.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us