Fluance AV-HTB + H/K AVR-225

I was wondering what anyone thought of this setup. I already have the Harman Kardon AVR-225 (55 x 5) and am looking for some speakers. I think I've narrowed the speakers I want down to two, both from fluance. Either the AV-HTB or SX-HTB. I'm leaning towards the AV-HTB only because of the price. My only qualm with the AV-HTB is some of the reviews have voiced concern over the lower sensativity rating (88+-2dB for the fronts, 86+-2dB for the center and 85+-2dB for the rear surrounds). Will my H/K receiver be powerful enough to power the AV-HTB and have them sound good or should I spend the extra $60 to get the SX-HTB? I have enough money to get the SX-HTB but if the AV-HTB will sound fine, I would rather save the money and buy better cables and speaker wire.

timn8ter
Harman Kardon typically under states the power of their amps. Their rating of 55 watts could be compared to others in the 80 watt range. Does that help?

Oh, I know about the understating of power when it comes to H/K receiver power. The question still remains: Is 80 watts powerful enough to drive the Fluance AV-HTB speakers with lower sensitivity numbers?

timn8ter
Yes.

Hawk
David:

The H/K has more than enough power to drive spekaers with a sensitivity rating of 86 to 88 db. Get the ones you want and don't worry about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us