Mira3 is in the mail

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 274
Thanks to the good example here I went for a Rega Mira 3 from AudiogoN.

That will make an all new system since joining here. Starting w/Rega P3 turntable, then Quad11L speakers, Velo Sub, Rotel 1072 CD player and Tuner.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5344
Congrats on your purchase Kevin!

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 275
Thanks. I can hardly wait.
I am going to first test it in the vinyl room on the Rega table.

After the Velo sub finally arrives I will move the Mira to the living room for extended listening. The sub got returned all the way back to sender because he forgot to put an apt number on it. Unbelievable! That seems really lazy of the mailman. Oh well.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 276
I should say I played with that Nait5i on ebay that went for $850 yesterday. That was a good price but I really don't like the bidding wars after losing a bunch of them at the last minute. Literally. If I kept on that one it would surely have gone higher.
I guess some like the game. I just want to know the price and go for it. If you look on Audiogon you see one still for sale but that guy did not want to do paypal or COD so I went for the other.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5345
I feel your pain Kevin...I've lost about half a dozen bidding wars in the last week...sucks!

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 278
Wow! The Mira 3 arrived and I am trying it out with the the Rega P3 table and Rogers L L3/5A with HSU power sub woofer VTF2 speakers. It also sounds very good on FM and CD, but that is the vinyl room.

Too bad the Velo Sub I ordered over a month ago on AudiohoN never arrived.

Since logging on here I have gained these:
Rega P3 turntable w/ Rega Elys2 cart.
Quad11L speakers on B&W stands;
Rotel RCD 1072 cd payer;
Rotel RT 990BX Tuner;
Rega Mira 3 int amp;

Am I getting out of hand? Not really, still staying in the lower price range.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5427
Congrats Kevin, enjoy that Mira 3...I know I do.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2158
You're so close, there's no point in stopping now...

GET AN APOLLO!!!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2159
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1195604920

Finish it off with a pair of R3s!!!

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1196268218

Its a lot of fun spending other people's money.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 279
Sorry, have been working too much.
Yes, I have been coveting the Apollo and even reading the speaker ads for some time now. I even bid on a few Apollos on Ebay and missed a few deals on AudiogoN.

This is my budget upgrade. Later ?... I will get a Nait, Apollo and better speakers.

The shopping came to a halt since I ordered a Velo Sub on AudiogoN which I did not get yet after over a month. He says that he shipped it a 2d time after it was returned because of an address mistake. Maybe it will show up someday?

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 194
Kevin how much did you get the Mira3 off Agon for? I saw or was quoted $1030 new a little outta my budget but quite tempting.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5521
It's a great little amp with a fabulous phono stage. Heck of a bargain in the world of overpriced audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 57
"I will get a Nait, Apollo and better speakers."

Not liking the Quad 11L's Kevin ? If I remember correctly these come in active and passive form. Presumably you have the passive. I've read very good things about the active speakers from Quad. I wouldn't have thought you would have outgrown these yet given your other components.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 284
chico... I paid only $600. Couldn't pass it by. I watched Agon for some time and the good deals do come along and sell fast. I learned that you have to jump on it asap. It is in perfect condition but has no remote. I have seen them get sold the 1st day they appear.
Timing was perfect since my old Onix integ amp quit. That will be another decision- fix or not.

Chris H- I do really like the Quads! It comes back to that Velo Sub I paid for but never got.
I am used to having the Sub with my other monitors (Rogers L3/5A HSU power sub woofer VTF2), now powered by Mira3. Having had those speakers for a long time, the Quads naturally seemed base light, otherwise lovely.

My thinking was instead of rebuying another sub for the Quads, instead just go for some speakers with more base and keep the Quads for the bedroom. Anyway, that is a long way off. For now, the Quads will play hapily in the living room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us