Speakers to match Cambridge Audio Player/Amp

Username: Melodic_waves

Post Number: 5
After thinking it over for a while, I'm going to go with a Cambridge Audio CD player and amp (640C v2 and 540A or 340A). I don't have much experience with speakers and CD players, but I was thinking of getting the Polk Audio RTi6's (Need bookshelf speakers). Will the sound of the speakers go well with this CD player?

I know that how well speakers sound depend largely on the individual, but I'd rather have some direction first.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Malco49

Baltimore, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 120
check out PSB image B25's i use them with cambridge 540A(v1)and 640C(v2)and find the sound appealing and well rounded great bass articulated soundstage.
they run around $400 or so.
that is my two cents or $400

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 390
mwf has a good recommendation with the PSB's. Personally I don't like the sound of POLK speakers what so ever. I think they are crap. PSB wont let you down. What does your dealer carry that is your price range? other than polk.

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 175
Ouch thats pretty brutal "polk speakers are crap"
The lsi from what I heard an enjoyable. Not the greatest, is their such a thing. What you should keep in mind is your tastes of music(genres). Polks are more suited toward modern music, not the best for classical for sure nore refined and detailed enough i find. PSb good choice also maybe Paradigm might be worth looking at.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 282
PSBs are a good bet.

I recently was in one of my local hi-fi shops and I heard a pair of Energy speakers through a Cambridge. It sounded remarkable.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 391
GOod call, Paradigm, and energy can both be had for the same price as the polks. The paradigms should match well, David and I both enjoy our Paradigm set-up.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 283
You bet. My 5.1 system is Paradigms all around.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 883
I also run Paradigms in a secondary system, most likely soon to be my only system, and love the sound.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 284
Gavin, which Paradigms are you running?

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 884
Atoms

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 176
I'm using a 2 channel setup with new mini monitors, a little disappointing. But check out those canuck speakers PSB energy and Paradigm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us