Speaker to go with Onkyo TX-SR601

Anonymous

i'm relatively low on budget for the main speakers.

what would you recommend??

polk r50 (on sale in local cc for $330 for the pair)
sony SSMF550H
pioneer PIO SH453FK

thanks.

Anonymous

forgot to add that i get a free polk audio subwoofer (PSW202) with the r50's.

anon
Unregistered guest
get the polks...you will be pleased

Anonymous

how would these compare
polk r-50
jbl e60
i'm getting both at the same price. the only difference is i'll have to buy the sub separately later. how much difference does that make (the sub) especially for music not HT?

thanks.

anon
Unregistered guest
what kind of receiver will you use?

Anonymous

Onkyo TX-SR601.

Username: Eksine

Post Number: 8
let me tell you that i have tested all three of those speakers. in fact i tested the pioneer PIO SH453FK in my home and i currently own the polk r50. my final conclusion was that the R50 beats them both , there is no competition.

the SH453FK lacks the bottom end bass punch and just sounds like crap overall. if you goto the circuitcity website and read the reviews everyone will say it's great. let me tell you these people are idiots. it looks cheap and sounds cheap. The sony speaker was too flimsy and sounded OK, but was very mediocre

The polk R50 is a good speaker. it is not great or excellent, but it has good bass and overall it sounds good especially for the price. but how the hell did you get a free sub with it? i bought my pair on ebay for $310 with no sub....oh well my velodyne CHT10 beats the crap out of that polk sub anyways

Anonymous

thanks eksine.
am probably going to go with athean as-f1. checked them out yesterday and in my opinion they fare much better when compared to the polk r50's even without a subwoofer. the free sub offer is currently going on at circuit city or if you order from polkaudio directly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us