Bag End Infrasub-18

Username: Hankhcc

SAN JOSE, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Has anyone used a Bag End Infrasub-18 as a MUSIC subwoofer (not home theater)? How do like it

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2560
No, I have not. But, in terms of commercially available subwoofers, I can tell you that it would be good, but not good enough for me.

And, on the other side of things, you could get something much better for the same price.

Options...

1) Infinite Baffle Setup - 4 Fi Car Audio Q18s IB Modded $1200, EP2500 (2000w clean power) $350 - The point here is increased displacement capability for minimal distortion - this is the balance between high output and low distortion.

2) Infinite Baffle Low Distortion - 2 Aurasound 18" $1400, EP2500 $350 This has less output than the 1st one, but should have some of the best measurements in terms of distortion and delay, etc. of all subwoofer types.

3) High Output Design - 2 Q18 Drivers $600 - 2 EP2500 Amplifiers - $700 - Box tuned to 19hz $400 ... That one would have slightly higher distortion, but it would be minimal. It requires the most work to make. The output would be close to 130dB down to around 16hz when placed well in a room.

I just listed those to give you an idea of the possibilites you could have for the same price area as that sub..and with better results all around.

Bronze Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 64
Um, okay...I'm not sure I'd take advice from a 15yr old on this one. No offence though. Those are some pretty creative ways to spend some cash.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9805
Don't underestimate Andre. He's a prodigy waiting to explode lol.

How much do you have saved up now Andre?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2561
Uhh Well $250, but right now I'm spending $110 + Store Credit in order to get a Pioneer Elite High-End Receiver which has a lot of important features and abilities which my current AVR does not exhibit.

Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH

That is the receiver that I am buying. The local store I have told to call me when they get it in and I'll put that money towards it.

It has quite a few useful features that are very useful to me...such as XM-Ready, Subwoofer Peak Limiting, Phase Control (not just polarity), MCCAC, and more importantly, the audio quality is quite a step above my current receiver.

Marc, I just turned 15, so really I might be more like...14.

Ok, that's enough. I've disrupted this thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 69
Sorry Henry. Didn't mean to kill your thread.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 280
Nice choice in receiver, Andre. I have a Pioneer as well - love it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us