NAD T743 ...

Username: Muzik

Post Number: 1
Guys,

I have just setup my NAD T743 with a pair of KEF iQ5 s as front left and right speakers. When playiung music, I believe they still lack the crisp I am used to listening at the dealer outlet. Have checked the amp settings and these seem to be ok ... I am currently listening to good quality MP3s (256/320 kbps) via my laptop with phonos. Speakers have been set up using standard wiring (no bi-wiring or other techniques have been done).

Any suggestions ??

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 293
At your dealer Im guessing they played music through a decent CD player using solid RCA cables. No comparison if your playing it through your laptop.

Username: Muzik

Post Number: 2
Well I recorded some 12 tracks on CD (Cd turned out to be top quality) and played them at my dealers store ... I am trying to play these same 12 tracks directly from my laptop ... is there some better connection i can use to connect my laptop to the amp instead of having to convert mp3s to cds .... I eventually intend to buy a PS3 and hopefully play them from the PS3s hard disk ... I am sure the cable for the PS3 will be optimum quality ... however meanwhile is it possible to use a better cable or connection option??

Thanks,
B

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8463
No.
MM, your laptop is not a cdplayer, nor is the PS3.
The source can only be ignored for so long, the hanging plants and soft pillows will not correct the source.
Your issue is the source.
The source, of course.
Hey, I Seussed!

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 294
lol.
Nuck is right, playing music through a laptop or a PS3 or pretty much anything other than a cd player or MAYBE a very musical DVD player(not too many of those) will sound like crap. No receiver or amp out there is going to make music sound good coming from a cruddy source. I would get a cd player. There is many to be had for a good price with decent performance. I would start there. Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us