When will the Marantz SR5400 OSE be released?

Anonymous

anybody have any idea when?

will there definitely be an OSE?

Bronze Member
Username: Igorzzzz

Post Number: 11
The 5400 is allready out, at least here in Europe, i've seen the 5400 OSE in stores 2 months ago!

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 600
But not in the USA! I am not sure the "ose" will be released here, at all. I have not been told why, but that is what I am hearing.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 175
That's strange. I think that the SR5400OSE is one of the best sounding reasonable priced (<1000e/usd) receivers out there. It easily beats it's bigger brother SR7400, and only NAD units are on the same level.

An other thing I dont understand is why gold/silver/titanium finished units are not as available in US/Canada than in Europe. Is there still someone saying that a receiver can be of any color, so long as it's black? =)

Bronze Member
Username: Igorzzzz

Post Number: 12
landroval, is it so that the 5400 OSe i s even a better unit than the 7400, as i am considering one of those two models.
I''ve read in some dutch forums that the first 7400 units had overheating problems but that this seemed to be solved. I think the 7400 has the edge on eatures an an absolutely nice remote control. the price difference between those two in Europe is about €100,= wich is about $100,=.
The 5400 OSE being cheaper that is.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Go listen them for yourself. I think the 5400OSE sounds better than the 7400, it's more dynamic, detailed and has a very realistic and precise soundstage. The 7400 has a good remote and more features, but I think the sound quality matters more.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 602
landroval:

I do not defend these decisions (I have wanted something other than basic black for quite some time!), but merely report what I have heard. Why the ose is not going to make it to the USA is not something I have yet learned, and in fact, it may yet show up. But I am told that the US version of the ose has been nixed. As for the color issue, I have asked that many times of several different companies and the answer is always that "there is no market for silver components" (I guess I don't count!). Marketers!

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
LOL :-) There's no supply of light colored units because "people will not buy them" and people cant buy them because there's no supply. What a plan!

Maybe we in Europe have just whined more about it and the manufacturers started to sell also other than black boxes. I wonder when we'll see the first bright-colored red/green/blue/yellow hifi-devices.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us