Pinnacle Classic Gold Towers. Good deal or bad?

Anonymous

the seller of these pair of speakers are offing them to me for $380 (with shipping). I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good deal or not. he says the Pinnacle Classic Gold Towers are 3 years old and from the photos they are in very good condition. should i buy them?

Anonymous

just an update. i bought these speakers. they have three diagonal bass ports in the back on each speaker. when it arrived i was disappointed to find that almost all of these ports were broken off. at first i blamed fedEX, but i then got the courage to unscrew the bottom 8" woofer to peek inside. i used to always take things apart just to see what it looked like inside.

i was shocked to discover the cabinent was made of cheap particle-board. the bass ports were held in place by particle-board horizontal brace and ...hot glue!! the overall construction looked pathetic. for a pair of MSRP $1100 pair speakers I thought they would have more quality on the cabinent construction. the internal wires were also disappointing. thin cheap wires. and the dampening material looked like a grey carpet was just thrown in there. in fact even the woofers look cheap now that I think about it.

I'm going to save the money on repairs by doing it myself. all i need is some gel thick super glue. anybody else have recommendations on the type of glue to use to hold bass ports to particle-board?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us