Where Can I Buy Wharfedale Online?

Username: Ray_willow

Post Number: 1
I have the Wharfedale 9.1's and am trying to find where I can buy a 9cs or 9cm center channel online. I have heard the 9cs with the 9.1's and was pleased with the sound (friend has this setup) but cannot find an online dealer. Audioadvisor has recently stopped carrying Wharfedale products. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 584
http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=3446

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1259
I know that International Audio Group http://www.iaguk.co.uk/ , which owns Wharfedale, Quad, Mission, doesn't have a US distributor for Mission, so perhaps Wharfedale has met the same fate.

AYSE use to have the best prices on Wharfedale, but it seems that they no longer carry them either. http://ayselectronics.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=a45338ec14578e290a829f 98fcd2b629

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 835
http://www.amazon.com used to carry them. don't know if they still do. haven't looked.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1260
I really don't know what the heck IAG has in mind?

Mission has been missing from the US marketplace for a few years, a few more and people will forget what they sound like. Wharfedale & Quad are world-class manufacturers with newer product lines, great reviews, and loyal customers. It looks as if IAG has gotten in over it's head, either that, or they have some sort of relaunch for planned. I hope it's the latter.

Username: Ray_willow

Post Number: 2
I forgot to mention that I am in the US. Has anyone ever dealt with Wild West Electronics? They seem to carry some Wharfedale products.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 840
there were some users here that had posted a while ago that had bought from them, and were satisfied. The names are escaping me at the moment.

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 219
http://www.speakerlab.com/products.htm In Seattle sells them. I don't know about online service, but in store service is good.

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 138
I own a few Wharfedale speakers, including the Wharfedale Opus 2.

Quite frankily What's going on with Wharfedale is very confusing. There was a complete corporate restructuring/transition when they moved their corporate offices from the East coast, to the west coast (Washington State).

Their distributorship/dealership is in complete and mysterious shambles. No one seems to know with any degree of accuracy what exactly is going on.

Back in December of 2006 I was trying to contact Wharfedale in regards to their alleged new Opus v2 series. My dealer wasn't aware of this supposed new series.

Previously and after their move, When I would call their East coast phone number, I would automatically get routed to their new offices on the West coast. Then, that ceased. Just a message that the number was no longer in service.

This led me to go to their website and seek their new phone numbers. Unfortunately, no new phone numbers were provided/updated. To make matters worse all the contact e-mails were no longer valid and repeatidly bounced back as undeliverable.

I then contacted someone at their UK office and requested the new information. He responded but didn't have the information. Huh??What???

He told me he would try and get the information for me and he would look into updating the websites. It took over two months for him to finally get me the correct e-mail connections and three months before some changes were made to the website.

Finally I was able to contact them and most of the people that answered the phones did not have a clue as to what was going on......with anything, really.

The most helpful person was a woman named Tammy. She was very friendly, polite and as helpful as anyone could be; although she knew very little.

There's also a woman who answers the phone, there, who has an asian accent. She's about as usless, unhelpful and a dead-end employee; as there has ever been. Talking to her is like talking to a wall. No point in it, whatsoever.

They have their parts and stock building in California. Their so-called "Tech" is completely clueless of this hobby, the product line (both current and past) and knows next nothing of what he's doing.

I just called them again yesterday (in hopes of finally some info or updates) and Tammy no longer works there.

The only person who was helpful and willing to help customers and now she's gone. So now we're left with little miss know-nothing/say-nothing.

I completely understand any company going through a transition, I know it takes some time. But this whole thing with Wharfedale has been going on for a year and a hlaf (probably closer to two years) and it is absolutely ridiculous. Their american office is a joke and in complete disarray.

Apparently, the American operation is being run by Stella Chang (I believe the owner's daughter).

Sorry Stella, but from what I have seen thus far, you are in way over your head and you are lost in the sauce. I've rarely seen such a mess.

If I didn't love my Wharfedale speakers so much, I would absolve myself of all things Wharfedale.

From what I understand their international distribution and dealership is well organized and very compitent.

Wonder why the American branch is a trainwreck.

Ultimately, I still hope they get their act together and get this straightened out. I love the Opus and Evo series speakers. And their Diamond line series, is quite a nice series, too.

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 166
Try audioadvisor.com. They have a couple of models of Wharfedale centers. Seem to be on sale too. I purchased Diamond 8.3s from them once and liked the service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us