Harman Kardon AVR235 Won't Come Up From Standby...

Username: Ntl1991

Pascoag, Rhode Island USA

Post Number: 1
Hello! I have a Harman Kardon AVR235 I purchased about 8 months ago from HarmanAudio. I was away from home for about a month and I left my receiver plugged in (with no surge protection, of course) and I got home a few days ago, and the orange Standby light is lit, but when I hit the power on button or the power button on the remote, the receiver won't turn on (and the switch doesn't turn blue...) I unplugged the receiver as the manual states for about half and hour to no avail. Then I tried the CPU reset, and that did not work either... What could be wrong? Should I get an RMA on it? It still has the factory warranty on it because I purchased it Factory Refurbished...

Thanks,
Nick

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8378
Yup, Nick, send it back for repair.
You have done the right things, time to let HK do theirs.

Username: Ntl1991

Pascoag, Rhode Island USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks! I just filled out the exchange form on HK's site so I should be getting a UPS label and RMA number in a couple days so I can ship it out.

I have the original box but I don't have the original foam... Will they not accept it if it doesn't have it with the receiver? What about the manual and remote? Those have to go along with it too, right?

Thanks,
Nick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us