Need help... Is there a ghost in my AVR 7200???

Bronze Member
Username: Aznbimmer

Post Number: 14
Hi,

I don't know what happen, but yesterday while watching a movie, my avr 7200's volume cranked all the way up by itself? Is there a logical explanation for this??? Any response will greatly be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Sem

Post Number: 88
Could it be a remote malfunction? I have an older 27" Mitsubishi TV that occasionally the remote will start changing the channels on. This does this out of the blue while the remote is sitting, untouched on a table. I have to put it in a drawer for ten minutes. :-) Its become kind of a joke in our house..."Stop!! Right now, do you want me to put you in the drawer?"
I know...I know, I need to get out more.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 54
Hanh, I have seen that same complaint on other boards. I tried to find them without luck. If it is that prevalent, perhaps your dealer or HK is aware of it. My recollection is that it happens a few times then disappears. Sorry I couldn't find the other threads.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Sem, I think you haven't seen the light of day in a while huh???

Jonathan, I also heard of this happening before, but I couldn't for the life of me find where the other discussion are. Thanks for looking into the matter. I appreciate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Kendrid

Post Number: 36
I think I read about that at avsforum. Try searching there.

Bronze Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 70
Check this thread too, KidA had done some reseach on it.

I have had my 7200 for 6 months and have never been able to duplicate that problem. Which leads me to believe it may have been room/location specific (static, IR interference, etc)

FWIW I also use good grounding and power conditioning which is CRITICAL to good components.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/11317.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks for finding the thread guys. I appreiciate all the help.

I've tried to duplicate the "super natural" phenom but couldn't get it to turn the volume up on it's own. Hopefully it is only an isolated incident. Will keep posted if anything "Casper" comes back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us