Ohm acoustic model I

Username: Dave7

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a pair of Ohm model i speakers. They seem to be uncommon, as I cannot find any reviews or information on them. Has anybody ever had or heard these before?

Silver Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 167
Are these the single, downfacing driver with, If I remember right, some kind of tweeter on top?
Cabinet on top is open/grilled on all 4 sides for even dispersion.
If so, this is the 'Walsh' driver. I heard them MANY years ago, when new.
I could't rub 2 nickels together and lusted after some real hi-fi. Everything sounded good!

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
http://www.ohmspeaker.com/

Looks like in the intervening years, they went underground, since they were at one time available at good retailers.

Post Number: 2
These are not the Walsh style speakers. They have a 12" woofer and a tweeter in the front and a smaller woofer, another tweeter, a midsize tweeter and some kind of equalizer switches for each speaker all mounted in the top facing upward. Five total per cabinet. They sound great turned up loud, but they really heat up my amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
Please check out the OHM website. Some information on all models, including the original 'F'

Post Number: 3
Thank you for the Ohm website address.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1258
http://www.ohmspeaker.com/store_item_detail.cfm?item_ID=20&cart_ID=818755370503

I've visited the Ohm Acoustics factory/warehouse in Brooklyn, NY (Yes, they're made in the USA).

While Ohm no longer produces "conventional" speaker designs, it's "Walsh" designs are superb. They were kind enough to let me visit unannounced & audition the large Walsh Model 5 S3 & the slender Microwalsh Tall, both were real stunners, particularly the Microwalsh, given it's size. Vocals were maybe the best I've EVER heard, gigantic sense of space, instrument placement was as if I was hallucinating. The Microwalsh can pull off everything short of the most demanding HT, for everything else, you'd be hard pressed to find better. And No, I don't work for the company.

Silver Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 146
I've been there too! I picked up my Talls in person to save on shipping. I didn't realize that you could demo them at the factory. It was fun seeing the place, everyone there is really nice.

The MicroWalshes are the first speaker that I haven't lost interest in, after a month of ownership. I've had mine for close to three years, and still can't find anything to beat 'em. I think the biggest thing is the mid-range, which, as, Christopher mentioned, really delivers with vocals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us