Kef iQ3's &BR2's??

Username: Pluke

Post Number: 1
Hi, Am in the market looking for a new pair of speakers, I have been having a search on the internet and have come across the Monitor Audio BR2's and the Kef iQ3. Went and had a listen to them and liked them both, The bass from both sounded pretty the same, The iQ3's low/midrange/ high soundd very even, Where as the BR2's midrange sounded alittle flater. Am looking at forward firing ports as my room is dry line walls so they rears firings seem to boom to much. What are people views on the iQ3's and BR2's?.

Also what else is there out there for £300 budget?.
Luke

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 565
I'm going to listen to the BR2s soon, along with the new B&W '68' series and Im surprised you said the sound is the same between the BR2s and the KEFS. From what I've read in general, its been the case the the KEFs sounded brightish with bass and midbass lacking in defintion.
Obviously this can vary on the rest of the setup.

Another option you may want to seriously consider are the B&W 685 and 686. They're only a couple weeks old I think and are a replacement for the 600 series from B&W. Around £250 and £350.

JJ

Username: Pluke

Post Number: 2
I do like the new B&W, But the 686 are to small and they are rear ported, And the 685 are to much £380. My heart is saying the Kef and i liked the sound as neither the low/mid/hi was over powering it seemed to be all level. Both the BR2 and iQ3 was running off a (think) NAD 320. If am not happy with either the guy said i can bring them back and swop them, Know them pretty well so its not all bad.

Luke
Luke
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us