I just realised something... Bose isn't so overpriced next to those "white van" speakers

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 769
Granted, white van speakers rarely (if ever) sell for those phony MSRPs printed on the ads, but when a $300 at best speaker is priced as high as $1500 a pair, it made me think about this.

You could look at that another way and state that at least you get a discount on the van speakers, and the pricing on the Bose doesn't budge an inch, so who really gets the better deal?

I was just over in the HT section and saw the usual numerous threads b!tching about the van speakers, and that got the gears turning a little too much.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 800
I'd much rather have Bose than white van.

A: You can sell them without taking a huge loss.
B: You can easily return them for little or no loss
C: They sound OK, are built to certain standards, and are warrantied against failure.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 78
LOL. I would rather hang myself then own Bose OR White Van Speakers. Most likely the white van speakers will sound better.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1977
I had an old pair of White Van speakers. I'd take a Bose speaker any day.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 79
LOL. Ive had neither. So I can't say much.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 556
White van speakers!! I never new there was such a big scamming industry. It must be an American thing, never seen anything of the sort over here in the UK.

I found this quite informative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speakers

Wiki is good for most things mind..

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 81
I'm in Canada. I have seen it once or twice only.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8816
Yeah I've been approached b4 by two guys in a van. Left over from an install, can't take them back to the warehouse, just looking for some bar money, ect, ect, ect.....

I was in my teens at the time. Approached at a red light, told the speakers were free. Curiously I pulled over. I wasn't allowed to look in the box and both appeared nervous. THEN they wanted $$ for them. I told them I didn't have any cash on hand and they offered to follow me to an ATM. I was out at that point lol. Red flags everywhere. That was 17 years ago. It amazes me it still happens today.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2281
JJ,

They are here in the UK too...sadly!

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1442
Yep, at a traffic stop they tried to flag me over on the road here in SE QLD a few years ago as well. I declined, but watch them in the rearview as they pulled into shopping car park and accost some poor (soon to poorer) individual as he got out of his car.

I've seen their empolyment adds: Rock and roll to the tune of $1500 per week selling high quality audio gear. Vehicle supplied . . . . something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8052
Paul, if that is the only discount offer you get at a red light, you are shopping the wrong intersections!

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 350
Wanna work in a fast paced rockin' atmosphere?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8843
Lol Nuck. I can't afford those offers either!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us