H/K AVR 340-Z vs Marantz SR5600

Bronze Member
Username: Stangjason

Post Number: 62
Ok I think I've narrowed my decision down to these two which I can get for similar prices. Which one would you guys recommend for just pure sound and surround sound quality?

Bronze Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 74
They are both pretty close. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you roughly getting them for?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 75
I just checked the prices out. Your best bet for an entry level receiver like that will be the H/K.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
$348 for the H/K and
$329 for the Marantz

both about an additional $20 for shipping

Are these the prices you found?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 76
Roughly, or a bit more. Those are pretty good prices. I would go for the H/K though, Entry level Marantz receivers will not sound as good as an entry level H/K in my opinion. Plus if your pairing it with Polk speakers then H/K is a must. Polk speakers tend to me a bit on the bright side and the dark sound of the H/K's seem to tame that quit a bit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
I found an H/K 635B for about $400. It seems like a dumb question but is it better than those two?

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1213
That's the top model below the 7000 series flagship. The 400 and 600 series share the same chipset, but the 600 has the most power. Good price even for B stock, as long as it doesn't die it's a good deal

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 77
The 635 is a very nice Receiver. I would go with that over the other two for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us