Mapletree amps, have you heard of these?

Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 9
Hey guys, I've been a visitor on this site for a little while now. I read the posts every other day just trying to soak up as much info as possible from people who know infinetly more about audio than I do.

I've been considering getting a headphone amp for a while now. I have the Senn HD600's, the regular setup (i.e. no cardas cable) and listen to them every now and then through my regular audio system (rotel cd, technics pre&amp, vintage I think, system is in my profile). I use to have a Denon in my computer room where I used to listen to my cans, the Denon was quite a bit better than the technics for this purpose (nothing else though). I got rid of the Denon sometime ago thinking I would have replaced it with a head amp by now.

Anyway, I've come accross this small company called Mapletree (I think it's just one guy in his basement probably).

I tried posting a link, but the forum won't let me (not sure why).

I've seen it referenced by a couple of people during their headphone reviews on audioreview.com.

Sorry for the long post, but do any of you have any experience with this company?

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 10
I should also mention, that this company seemed to be highly touted in these headphone reviews (in case I hadn't implied that in my previous post).

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7991
http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/madoctal6_e.html

Like this?

Bronze Member

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 11
LOL. Yes, exactly like that.

Bronze Member

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 12
Actually, no, that's not the site. It doesn't have all the equipment he has. It's http://hollowstate.netfDirms.com/

Actually, you have to remove the "D" from the above link. I can't post that word for some reason. The forum won't let me. Maybe I just did a faut pas, you'll have to let me know if I broke some kind of code or something.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7995
You didn't get the decoder ring, Marc?

Tabernac!

Bronze Member

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 13
Non, Maudit!

No decoder ring in my box of Honeycombs either. I checked. Twice!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us