No sound from Subwoofer

Username: Millaorchidpixie7

Lakeside, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a powered Onkyo SKW-530 subwoofer. There is no sound comming out of it. There is a green light that says that it is on even when the reciever is off (it should be red when the reciever is off). When i change the output level it makes a boom noise. There is nothing visibly wrong with it and the cable looks fine. I tried a new sub cable and the same problem still exists. I don't know why it stopped working. Could this be caused by disconnecting the coax cable from the sub without unpluging from the AC outlet first? It was plugged into the wall outlet for three days with the coax signal plug disconnected. It produces no sound except for a loud thump noise when I turn the output level dial. Sub is a year and a half old. Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to just buy a new sub or what. Could it be the receiver?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10823

"Could this be caused by disconnecting the coax cable from the sub without unpluging from the AC outlet first?"

Yep.

Take it in for warranty repairs.

Username: Millaorchidpixie7

Lakeside, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Is there anyway to repair this myself and if yes how?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10826

"Is there anyway to repair this myself and if yes how?"

Sure, you can troubleshoot the sub until you find the problem and then do the repairs.

What?! You were expecting me to tell you which resistor to swap out? Kina hard to do over a forum.

Take it in for repairs.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4064
Always make sure you know the technical tolerances of the sub bass what it can and can't do with in the frequency response and range always use an audio limiter with it to protect it from very high dynamic range peaks that would otherwise be harmful to the sub when misused with program material.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8102
huh?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us