Need Reciever help

Username: Boomshine

Post Number: 3
Hey every one, today i got a really awesome deal on some surround sound speakers. I got the Genesis G-6.1 surround sound speakers which retail for 2000 dollars and I ended up getting it for 200 bucks brand new while i was leaving walmart. anyway tho i wanted to know what kind of receiver i should run to power this system. i"m just trying to get a good reciever so i can run my computer and xbox 360 and my tv to these speakers. they look like some good quality speakers so i just want a reciever that can do all this. the guy at best buy told me to go with a 300 watt harmon kardon reciever but i thought i'd hear what u guys have to offer before i buy anything.

i hope to hear some good things from u guys and thanks for helpin me out

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7933
Rick were they in the checkout lane at Walmart, or from a guy in a white van parked at Walmart?

Post Number: 4
no i was coming out after i bought something and these guys were on a delivery to a house to set up a home theather system and they got an extra box of speakers for free from there company so instead of them returning back they wanted to make some cash instead so i payed them 200. it seems like u know ur walmart stuff tho so u should know those speakers aren't in there.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 54
Genesis Media Lab speakers?? Or the Arena-audio Genesis speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10800

Oh, RJ, if this is for real, this is the oldest scam in audio. Those speakers never sold for $2k and they weren't extras. It's hard to decide who's scamming who here. Is this for real? You really bought these speakers from somebody in parking lot?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 55
Yeah Jan is right, most likely stolen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7938
Oh Yes, Rick, I keep up on all Walmart stock.
My best shirts come from there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7939
And Pork for BBQ.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 56
LOL I really really really hate Walmart.LOL

Post Number: 5
ok i made this post so i could get some help on a reciever but i guess instead of getting help on my topic, i just got response on how bad walmart is.

http://www.genesismedialabs.com/g61.htm

here is what my speakers are and i know they were brand new becuase these kids work for the company and they deliver the speakers to peoples houses. they company gave them an extra box and instead of them returning it to the company they sold it to me. i opened the sealed box and everything i got a 3 year warrenty on these speakers that i already called and made sure that it was real. so please stop telling me all this bs stuff u guys are thinking becuz this isn't a forum on how u guys hate things. its a forum for people who want help with audio. now that thats over with don't give me this stupid walmart stuff. i didn't make this post on how to hear on how all u guys hate it. my question was what reciever qould be really good to power these.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 59
From what I read, these speakers can be a slightly bright sounding speaker. Try to off-set that with a warm/dark sounding receiver. Example, NAD, H/K, Marantz, Pioneer Elite. What audio stores do you have around your area and what do they sell?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1960
Rick,

Google "The White Van Speaker Scam" and see what comes up. I'm sure your "salesman's" lines and story are the same as what you'll read.

Try and E-Bay them. You may get what you paid for them. Then buy speakers from a legit store, and not a couple of potheads that can't get a real job.

No offense.

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 116
You can wander over to Target from the Wal-Mart paking lot and order your HK receiver and, also, an HK DVD player.

Wander over to Home Depot and pick up your cables and you're good to go. FWIW, I've done the latter and not the former.

Rick James, "Loosey's Rap", you might like the speakers; I hope you do.

Post Number: 6
you guys are all dumb my question was what reciever would you power those genesis speakers with. thats all i wanna know. i powered these speakers with my buddies receiver to see if they work and they sound really really good but thats with 40 watts to each speaker.

Finally the wihte van scam really worked well for me and im glad i got scammed with some really good speakers for 200 bucks. im happy i got these speakers from some pot heads and the 3 year warrenty really helped too. so too all those who make fun of me, im luaghing at you cuz u paid alot more then me for stuff thats maybe as good as mine or not even as good. hahaha im glad that i went to walmart that 1 day to get my good speakers.if anyone else wants to say something about walmart scams don't go there shop somewhere else

Bronze Member
Username: Lrey

Post Number: 15
Seriously Rick,

If it is too good to be true then it is...
I saw those guys at Wal-Mart last week in the parking lot. Was that you buying the speakers?
They were in a plain white van with no company logo on it...

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 337
Definitely Sherwood, Rick. Try the RX -4105

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1968
"you guys are all dumb..."

Then why ask our opinions? If you're so much smarter, you figure it out.

"im luaghing at you cuz u paid alot more then me for stuff thats maybe as good as mine or not even as good. hahaha"

Your speakers are absolute crap. The only way those things sell is if people hype them up the way the rocket scientists who sold you them did. The $40 Insignia speakers at Best Buy will blow the doors off them.

"3 year warrenty really helped too"

When they break, where will you take them? Will you sit in Walmart's parking lot and hope they show up? Who are you going to call? How can you prove when you got them? Did you get a receipt? What's the serial number? I'm betting there isn't one anywhere. Good luck with that 3 year warantee. Even if it was legit, a 3 year warantee is nothing special at all. My integrated amp has a 20 year warantee, my speakers have a 5 year warantee. I guess that makes them better than yours, doesn't it?

"if anyone else wants to say something about walmart scams don't go there shop somewhere else"

Very intelligent... Even though Walmart has absolutely nothing to do with the scam you fell for.

Its OK Rick. Everyone gets scamed at one point or another. But be a man about it.

Also, it would hurt if you spent a little more time learning how to read and write, would it?

And we're the dumb ones...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us