Quick question

Username: Benjamin02740

Post Number: 1
hey guy's i have purchased a cheap pyle pro amp http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2540568&cp=&sr=1&origkw=am plifiers&kw=amplifiers&parentPage=search
and i was wondering if it would work with 2 mtx tp112 12 in speakers kinda lost just want for home audio around the house as my yamaha reciever kept shutting off wich is why i bought this any way any answers are great thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7752
ben, that amp looks about right. Also look into Behringer and Crown if you want more stuff.
Watch how the drivers are wired, and note if they are dual voice coil units or not.
You should wire for 4ohms minimal, unless you want the Pyle to glow in protect all the time.

Good luck.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10748

Included on a 1200 watt amplifier, "Indicator lights remind you to reduce the volume when amplifier output is excessive."

Ya gotta love it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7758
check engine

Gold Member

Post Number: 7759
I miss the 'clipping' light on my old Techics 140 integrated.
It could light up a room by itself.

Post Number: 2
ok i guess ill go give it a shot i have not even opened it i wanted to ask around 1st im gunna go see what this sounds like my yamaha kept protecting was annoying any ill see how this goes and thanks for ur time to all that replied

Gold Member

Post Number: 7766
give it a go, ben.
Let us highbrows know how it goes, please.

Andre is waiting, I am sure.

Post Number: 3
well believe it or not to my knowledge it sounded pretty good i put them kiddy cornered in ea of my corners in my room sounded great no clippin light or anything i had it about max volume also. i didnt notice any distortion then i linked it to my yamaha and used surrounds on that and set it all up with a klipsch sub and it sounded even better my neighbors were bangin on my door... lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 7781
ben, there's good and theres good enough.
If the music makes you pound out power chords on air guitar in your boxershorts, then it is one or the other, and it doesn't always matter which.

Have fun!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us