Rotel 1062 vs. musical fidelity x150

Username: Aftermath

Post Number: 1
Hello.
I would like to know your opinion about those two integrated amps. I have an old Rotel 930bx and it's time to improve my hifi. I will also change the speakers, now I have Dali blue 3003, which are ok, but nothing more. Im thinking to get Focal JMLab Chorus 716S. I know I have to listen to all before i buy, but until that any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 113
Alex,

Its very hard to go wrong with either of those, both are very high current. Fom the top of my mind 1062 is 23 amps while 150 is more that 40 amps if i am right.
Both have fantastic build quality.
However 150 is a step further when it comes to stereo imaging and has a better resale value.

The good news is - they both sound almost opposite..
1062 - lively - 150 - full bodied warmth. and hence once you listen to them you will know what ou are after.
I am guessing that you would be inclined towards Rotel since you have used one for so long.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your help. I will soon have the oportunity to listen to both of them. Because I listen to metal music many say that Rotel would bi a better choice.We will see-hear:-).
Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7749
Alex, if you live for the splash and crash, Rotel is my pick.
Fast and accurate, good detail. I like that kind of sound.

Post Number: 3
Hi!
Yes, I listen mostly to metal and a lot of people are saying Rotel. I will hear it in a couple of days. Any ideas which speakers sound better with Rotel?

Silver Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 114
B&W goes very well with Rotels - either 600 series or may be 700 as well.
Some of the forum members have had very good results with Paradigms.
My personal choice would be Monitor Audio RS 6 or RS 8 - The 1062 tightens the bass very nicely and with right cables it will be very good IMHO.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7754
I have silver 8i's, and they present themselves in a wide soundstage. The bass is reportedly good, but I have not found the right spot in the room to take full advantage of the speaks.

I liked the Psb line with Rotel. If your power is limited a bit, maybe the B25 standmounts.
Perhaps a ProAc 140 standmount, geting into 220's and floormounts would require way more power.
If the Rotel is working properly, Dynaudio 140's would be a pair to listen to.
They are really nice in the low sensitivity/high power group.

Post Number: 4
I checked hi fi stores in my area and one of them has Monitor Audio RS 6. So, i will try them with the Rotel.The reviews are excellent, especially the bass part. And that's important when you're listening to metal. But I have a small room, so don't know how will they sound here.What about Mission M35i?

Bronze Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 11
I am looking at the 1062 vs the Rega Brio 3.?? Unfortunately those are my only choices in my remote location unless I decide to go for an online order. Well, maybe it is better to have less choices. I am insecure about buying unseen. The Rotel dealer recommends B&W 601S3 or 602S3. The Rega dealer with Mordaunt-Short MS914; I guess since the speakers will be the 1st buy I should post on that under speakers. Still just on what I have read, the Rotel seems better. Ironically I had been tempted by the Rega Apollo CD and am getting my Rega 3 table soon! Such confusion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us