Radiient Europa for $89/Pair & Free Delivery...do they look familiar?

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1114
A $10 price-drop for a neat pair of Radiient Europa. They are akin to the popular Best Buy Insignia NS-B2111 but with a neat top-mounted extended-range silk-dome tweeter.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_2/radiient-technologies-europa-speakers -5-2006.html

http://www.radiient.com/Europa-SACD-Capable-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers?sc=2&category =32

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10666

While "neatly" accomplished, the top mounted tweeter of the Radient is far less neat than the coaxial design of the Insignia.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1115
"One 1" Silk Dome Tweeter, One 5.5" Woofer with Concentric 0.75" High Frequency Driver"

The top mount "super tweeter" is supplemental to the very same coaxial Kef Q'ish driver in the Insignia, though I'm not sure how this effects the overall sound.

Also, Best Buy has jacked-up the price of the NS-B2111 to $80, when you add-up S&H and/or tax, the Europas delivered to your door for $90 is a bargain, and they look nicer to boot.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 711
it is my understanding that these speakers are both made by the same company, and both feature coaxial driver design, while the Europa utilizes a supertweeter.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1119
You are correct.

I hear through the grapevine that this may be the last go around for the Europas. Has anyone here listened to the Europas?

On another note, I attended the Gotham City Audio Society meet-up in Brooklyn on Sunday where Mark Schifter of AV123 showed off the Mini Stratas. The listening conditions were a little less than optimal, but from what I can tell they are formidable, not to mention handsome speakers. The attention to detail when it came to shipping these hefty speakers was apparent from the two refrigerator-sized crates in the living room of the gentleman who hosted the event. Mark was great & he & I had the opportunity to talk for a few minutes. I look forward to attending another one of these events in the future & perhaps getting a chance to meet Mark again.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 712
Is TW still around? I believe he has the Strata Minis.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1128
He was back for a while and then "poof" he was gone again. He had talked about opening his own shop, but don't know came of it. I hope he's doing well, he had a great deal of enthusiasm for this subject & answered a lot of my newbie questions.

I sort of remember reading that he had the Mini Stratas (I think I read it over at the AVS forum).

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7768
Where you been, Gavin?
Welcome back.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 714
I am in and out Nuck. I am currently job hunting, and am not online like I was at college. Once I get settled, that will hopefully change.

I will continue to pop in and out :-)

I just won't be posting like I was for a while.

I think he also posted that he had the stratas over here too. He was telling me to check them out if I enjoyed the sound of the maggies and ml's, because he felt that the stratas beat them both at the bass issue, in quality, quantity, and intergration (in terms of the ML)

Username: Metsubushi

Post Number: 1
Are these good for home theater? Better than the Polk R50?

Gold Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1142
Many speakers are good for HT, if your asking if these are good L/R front or surround speakers, I imagine, that for most, they're better than good. When it comes to HT, the center channel is THE most important, throw in a decent subwoofer (or two), and however many surrounds you want, and you're all set.

Is the Europa better than the R50? That's a good question that I can't answer. However, the Europa does have a larger driver and an extended range tweeter. If I had to chose one, I'd chose the Europa.

Have you considered the Polk R150 over the R50? The R150 should be noticeably better at about the same price.

Username: Redhawk

Post Number: 2
Are these speakers mostly garbage? I'm in the market for a 3.1 setup while staying under $750. Seeing a pair of towers, two surrounds, and a center (the calypso) for $200 with free shipping screams something isn't right here.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1184
What do you mean "mostly garbage?"

Username: Redhawk

Post Number: 3
As in very sub-par. It just seems like Radiient must be skimping in one or several places if a system is being sold with free shipping at that price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
Have you read the above review?

Radiient is not B&W, but their products seem to be well built & well reviewed. If your trying to save money, going with a lesser know company may be one way accomplising that.

Consider these close-out Acoustic Research speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/ACOUSTIC-RESEARCH-S112PS-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B00008PZY9

Gold Member

Post Number: 1186
Or if you want to spend a few bucks more, you can go with a pkg. from www.av123.com or www.hometheaterdirect.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1187
or www.axiomaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us