Paradigm Monitor v5

Bronze Member
Username: Unreal_t

United States

Post Number: 74
Has anyone tried out the 7's or any others from the monitor v5 line? I was planning on getting a pair for 2 channel music over my current 2 polk rti8's which I find tooo bright. However, I feel being that they cost around the same price they are going to be similar in sound.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 75
woops sorry people I had already previously asked a similar question on this forum. Feel free to comment if you want though. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 264
What are you driving them with and why would you think that same price = same sound?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 142
Paradigm beat Polk hands down.

I have the Atom Monitors v5. Great little speaker!

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 76
hk3480...well the rti8's have 6.5 woofers and the 7's have smaller ones but hey do have 2 5.5;s I believe and a Mid. They are 3 way I believe and rti8's are 2 way. It seems like they pretty much even out but I do not know. I am not to familiar with build quality of paradigm

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 201
I gave the Monitor 7 v5 a whirl. I was eyeing it over for it's compact dimensions. Sonically I found it ABYSMAL. The good news is I can recommend it's bigger brother the Monitor 9 without hesitation. I posted details about these 2 speakers earlier. I ended up with Triangle HELIADE. I am very pleased.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1935
If you're contemplating Paradigm Monitors series speakers, check out PSB Image series speakers. They're priced comparably, but the Images sound better IMO. They aren't as easy to find and audition though.

Paradigm beats PSB in the lower price range, and the higher price ranges, but in the Image price range, I think the PSBs are far better. Just my opinions though.

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 205
WEll I was more interested in getting RID of my Studio 5, which I never really liked - so I tried the new Monitor V5. They are tonally a bit thin in my opinion. But the monitor 9 is a very good performer. PSB speakers are good quality.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 146
I own both Paradigm and PSB speakers. I would have to honestly say that I like the build quality and the sounds of the PSB's a little bit more.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 77
Sounds good. My rti8's sound irritating sometimes because I find it that the highs are much too powerful and bright over the mids and lows. It can get really irritating at high volumes on certain songs as well. All I listen to is 2channel music with my hk3480.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 490
Tommy, take a listen to B&W. There is a new version of the 600 range. You may be able to find the previous version at a clearance price. I have the DM604s3. Very nice, tight, warm and robust. Never harsh. The 683 is the equivalent new version.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us