Alesis is the choice

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3946
Upload

I recently decided on a new upgrade of professional amplifiers and thou budget is tight only one amplifier at a time. The Alesis RA300 was a start point to replace the Marartz 1050 and 1030, the first Alesis RA300 only cost £74.99 pounds a bargain since it was ex-demo model.

The next batch will only cost around £117.99 and with 150watts into 4U and 500watts bridge monaural mode it's still a bargain.

Several well be needed for the LCR matching JBL Control 5 that I'm presently using at the fronts with future plans to extend the fronts from thee-screen to five-screen all in active crossover mode.

The multiple array of JBL Control 1 surround arrays will also be ran with Alesis RA300 one for each sidewall array centre back array and height surround array as well for the ultimate home THX JBL cinema experience.

Well with a few now installed and with only, hold a moment, I was thinking about x7 for the JBL Control 5 and Control 1 that is x7 Alesis RA300 and one Alesis RA500 for the JBL 4645 that would be used in conjunction with the Behringer DCX2496. From looking at what I can design with the sound system complex configuration, I might take the bold step and install x8 Alesis RA300 one for each, how shall I explain?

Front channels with optional future installation of possible five-screen.

Three-screen layout
1, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 5 left front LF HF
2, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 5 centre front LF HF
3, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 5 right front LF HF

Surround layout
4, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 1 left sidewall surround array
5, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 1 centre back surround array
6, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 1 height surround array
7, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 1 right sidewall surround array
8, 1x Alesis RA300 JBL Control 1 left and right half back surround which is part of the left and right sidewall array when playing monaural surround or the odd (split-surround) soundtrack, that can be configured to playback with centre back and height surround.

10, 1x RA500 JBL 4645 sub bass

Here are a few pictures of the first instalment.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3947
I ordered a second Alesis AR300 yesterday and was expecting it to arrive on Friday the 15th

Well, well, well, it looks like it turned up early than expected I thought it was going to be Friday 15th.

Pictures to follow within the next few hours, the re-chargeable batteries for the digital camera are charging up! So I can't take any more additional pictures for the time being or upload, a few hours.

Well this is becoming a routine thing now, kinder like a Shuttle being launch on schedule. Its going to be quite hard to find some place to store the Marartz 1050 and 1030 once all the Alesis RA300 are installed. Besides that I have to get a rack system somewhere in-between all this installation and re-wire the mains with a new layout configuration that would be user-friendly.

Amplification

Anyway time to switch some of the channels around, basically a little re-plugging to do, I'll use the second Alesis RA300 temporarily for centre front and centre back. Once the third one is ordered which should be in two weeks, I'll then use all three for the JBL Control 5 and think about switching over to (active crossover mode).

Loudspeaker cable

I'll have to pop on down to D.J. Electronics, and get some loudspeaker cable new runs for the fronts that would be thin, but of adequate strength and affordable quality as six runs will be needed for the LF and HF each run will be the same length!

Well I'll see how the Alesis RA300 comparers with the JBL Control 5 on the front centre and with the JBL Control 1 centre back.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3948
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3949
Three-screen bass response on Titanic original first edition region 2 DVD is so choice with the Alesis RA300.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7549
You must be stopped.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 135
Wow, I thought I was bad for accumulating equipment.

Seriously though, how do they sound?

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3951
Na LOL, I think I'll continue this is way too much fun, but you might pick up a few tips and secrets here. Too many secrets! It's all about the information.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us