NAD C162/C272 vs AZUR 840A

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 681
Anybody had a chance to compare these 2? I am interested in hearing if all the hype is worth a look.

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 142
This should be interesting, i have not myself but would to see what others have found.

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 682
Well,I had a chance to answer my own question! My dealer allowed me to audition both the Azur 840A and 840C at home. Here is my verdict:

First of all, I was not expecting much of a difference thinking of most of the Cambridge stuff already out there that is excellent but not any better than what I already have. This time, I was in for a shock! These two units are very much everything the reviews say and much more.

Since I have a very revealing speaker system, I can honestly tell you how well these 2 units work together. First of all, I had them hooked up through the balanced outputs to make sure I had the best possible connection. I had the units run all day while I was at work since they were new and wanted to give them a chance. At first, I listened to music through my original system for about an hour than hooked up my speakers to the Azur's and BAM!....huge soundstage difference and mostly how reveling the music became! I heard things in a different way.......before they were subtle and soft, now they were right there in my face with extra clarity and with great bass! I actually thought I was listening to much more expensive gear! Small details were now very much alive and I really enjoyed this combo so much that I am going to buy them! I always said it would take a lot to bring me away from NAD because I do not believe in spending a fortune to get a slight increase but at this price, I am totally caught off gaurd. The NAD's, Rotel's and others better hold on to their hats as this is wonderful gear that can compete closely to the big boys!

There is plenty of power and the build quality is fantastic. My dealer took off the cover and I was amazed with the quality of parts and the size of the transformer. I also compared it to the NAD M3 and still preferred the Azur! I thought I was hearing things at first but I guess there is something about this unit that my ears really like. I would suggest that people looking at this price point go and audition but remember, I told you so!

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 146
Thanks for the review dan!!!! Glad you enjoyed what you heard. any negatives??? and what kinda speakers are you using??

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 683
No negatives at that price for sure! I was not prepared for this. I have JMLab Electra 926 speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us