MusicHall Mavern any have or heard it???

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 131
Anyone have or auditioned this 2channel receiver??

I'm looking for 2channel receiver was considering looking for thoughts or suggustions. Will be be parting with my hk3380. Looking for step up in quality the other option is the outlaw2250

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4886
Music Hall gear is a QC nightmare, but not nearly the nightmare of trying to deal with the Music Hall folks once you've discovered a problem.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 132
Wow really?? you've owned their gear before art???

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4889
No, I was warned by a former dealer and I won't say who. But they told me that they heard straight from the horse's mouth that they believe that once they've sold you they figure their work is done. I know another dealer that literally waited over a year for a repair...and it was a unit he bought for his own personal use. I could go on but I won't. I was thinking of buying one back then, glad I didn't.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1902
I've heard a few complaints like this too. Its a shame really.

I've heard a few different Music Hall pieces and they've all sounded dull to my ears. I've heard integrateds mixed into other systems, as well as CD players. It was always the same result.

For example, I heard a Music Hall CD player through a McIntosh MA 6900 and Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus speakers. Awfull. Switching to a Mac CD player proved it was the Music Hall.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4892
"I've heard a few different Music Hall pieces and they've all sounded dull to my ears."

I didn't want to say that but...ya!

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 134
So any other suggustions guys for a solid 2channel receiver a step up over my 3380

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4894
A good integrated + a Tivoli Model One.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 145
So art what good int amp would you suggust 1500 ceiling tops and preferably new??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us