Amplifier for Energy C9

Bronze Member
Username: Develara

Post Number: 17
Hi all........
i have an Energy C9 FloorStanding spk , and the spec reads as 94db and 250 watts , At Present i am driving these with NAD 208THX , Can anyone suggest any other amp which drives the speaker better then NAD. Also suggest me a good amp for C3 stand mount .thanks .
dev.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 489
After reading a review of the NAD you have, I'm puzzled why you're not satisfied. What's up?

I have the C5 floorstanders and drive them with a Rotel RX-1052 100wpc stereo receiver...also, the C3 on stands driven by a Marantz SR4320 80wpc stereo receiver. Both sound great...the Rotel is neutral, the Marantz warm.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7388
At 94db volume likely isn't the issue, I presume.
Indeed, 'What's up'?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
hi
thanks
I am satisfied with the set up right now....but i would like to know if there is any other amp which will be better then NAD , i am using Marantz 5400 CD Player kindly suggest be a good cable and inter connects
dev.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7400
dev, the cables will drive you nuts, if you let them. What are yo using now? The box stock red and whites?
If so, then look up Bluejeanscables.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Nuck u are absolutely right ....my inter connects are not that good , i am planning for some models from Qed or Monster....kindly advice. as for the speaker cables i am using QED silver Anniversary

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1879
Stay away from Monster interconnects. While they're not horrible, there is far better for equal or less money.

If you're running QED speaker cables, see if you can borrow some interconnects from the dealer and try them out at home.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
thanks Stu

I will try QED Cables
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us