Denon Receiver not Displaying

Username: Lmc

Post Number: 9
Hi All,

Ok, receiver was working fine last night now this morning I turn it on and the Display shows nothing. The power button turns green but nothing shows in the display. Denon's troubleshooting says check the power cord to ensure it's secure. I did this and even changed outlets and still the same.

Has anyone seen this before, is there a fix?

I could be DONE with Denon.

Thanks for you help.

-Leif

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 505
"I could be DONE with Denon."

I take it you have had problems before with Denon??

Try e-mailing/calling to find the closes repair shop

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2158
Is it possible you've switched off the display? I believe the Denon AV receivers have a Dimmer functionality that allows you to set the display to 4 different levels - Light, Middle, Dark and Off.

Otherwise, it sounds broken to me. If the light around the standby button is green, it should come on and display something...anything. But check your dimmer setting first.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Lmc

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the reponse Frank. I actually took it back to the shop i purchased it from and they confirmed that there was soem sort of issue. Thye gave me a new one, set it up last night and all is well.

Thanks again!

Username: Audioearz1

TinyVille , NB Canada

Post Number: 4
Hi,
Mr. Abela's opinion is one I found that works - dimmer control on the receiver could be the main cause why you may not have a display on your receiver.
Hope that is all that is wrong with your receiver. I own the 3802. So far, it works very well. Only problem I have with it, which is not DENON's Fault is the FM coax. connection has become obsolete thanks to the digital signal the cable Co.'s have decided to switch over to. Perhaps they should also offer a digital to> analogue decoder of some sort in order to listen to the FM part of the receiver. Like everything else, this would only be temp. til the receiver itself becomes obsolete.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7426
Like everything else, this would only be temp. til the receiver itself becomes obsolete.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us