Needs some advice,thanks

Username: Taoinau

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,first of all, thank you very much for reading my thread and your comments would be welcome from a new AV starter.
Now I'm shopping around some cheap combinations for my AV system. I focus on two:
1.Marantz SR-4001 and Jamo S606HCS6
2.Denon 1907 and Energy RC Mini+center
I know these two are completely different system, one has bigger speakers and more powerful for theatre system; the other are tiny but with brilliant sound. Same price, but really hard to choose as I prefer the good sound from Engery, but like the size of the Jamo as always the bigger the better:-)
I normally 50% on music and 50% on TV/DVD, can some one give some advice on how to choose speakers and amps as I see there are lots of thread about amps brand etc, or simply just how the above 2 combinations are like?
I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1198
I'd settle on speakers first and pick the receiver that sounds best with them.

As far as your choices, my personal opinion of Jamo is you're paying more for the look than for the sound - not to say they don't sound good. I'd say it comes down to how you want the system to sound - smooth and laid back for listening to soft music or at the other end fast and dynamic for HT and metal, rap. Somewhere in between? Every one's got their preferences, what're yours?

Australia

Post Number: 2
Thanks Kano for your advice and question:-)
You are right,every one's got their preference,but both option can deliver what I want in just different two ways. To be honest, I have never touched HI FI before,strictly speaking I have no idea what my preference is:-( That's reason I'm here seeking advice if some one has experience on either of the options I am interested in. Like you said, probably Engergy can give lots sweater sound than Jamo which probably good at concert stuff, isn't it?

Username: Killamabilla

Clear Lake, TX USA

Post Number: 2
My vote to #2. Add a sub if the Energy doesnt have enough bass.

Australia

Post Number: 3
Thanks Bill. Lock in #2:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us