Archive through April 22, 2007

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 557
:-P... good call Stryvn

one of these days, Nuck will receive that glorious Panny that he ordered to power his horns (sarcasm).

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 558
wow... I can't believe this thread keeps going on...

I LOVE IT

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6769
But the Panny's specs look so good on paper...

Some program on the radio...Velvet Underground/Velvet Relvolver thing.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 563
Diana Krall night....

with a lemon drop martini on my left side.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2311
Some Hillsong. It's well recorded IMO, but that's not why I got it.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 176
Listened to Barry White Greatest hits(the man with the velvet voice)

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 659
Chris Rea - On the Beach
Freudiana
Glen Fry - Live (a yawner actually)

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 566
Maxy Gray, in the library of the Uni between classes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6779
Doors on a homemade.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6780
On the GD laptop!

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 584
Macy Gray... oops

Gold Member

Post Number: 6783
I knew that Gavin.

Good reviews for Ms. Gray this time around.
Art's a fan too, I think.

Fabulous, quirky voice.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 145
Frank Zappa- Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar
Donald Fagen- The Nightfly

I like that Chris Rea album, Sem.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 585
I have all of her albums. Love her voice.

I think that her latest album will regain her status that she had with "on how life is"

Enigma is keeping me company currently, along with my gf.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6788
Chris Rea is so, so, . ..funky.
Kind of.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2312
Ah, yet another day has gone by, yet I remain in this pensive state.

I do not know exactly what triggered this, but a lot happened and I believe the synergy of the parts was perhaps the trigger.

This was quite the day in the way my pensivity affected the people around me. It's a peculiar thing really. You'd need to have been here to understand what I'm trying to convey.

I'm just around here and in case you haven't heard, I made a trip to BB tonight. None of the salesmen really seemed to know much in the way of what I was talking about and so I went my way around the place listening to movie soundtracks since that's all they had. The Yamahas were all similar to my current one and the Pioneer Elite I've been looking at had a...realistic sound to it (paired with Definitive) as all I can describe. I really need to bring my stuff in though to our local place and really do some critical evaluations.

Since we are naming what are listening to tonight, it's a mixture of Hillsong and Pink Floyd; some radio.

Goodbye, and I wish you all a restful finish to the week, as I may need one after the encounters of the week.

Adios, arrivederci, au revoir, sayonara, so long.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 661
Godfrey Townsend - Easy Journey to Other Planets

I ordered this cd a couple weeks ago and have since really been digging it. If you're a fan of instrumental guitar rock influenced by greats like Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Robin Trower, Clapton, etc. I think you'd appreciate this disc.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/townsendgodfrey

Gold Member

Post Number: 6796
Godspeed, Andre.
And a dial-up, shared.

My granddaddy had a party line till '74

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2320
Ooh '74!

I think my history teacher had one way back when. I don't know if I would've wanted to live before my birthdate, my reason being all the tradeoffs.

The oldies station is in the background as I sit here running what could possibly happen tomorrow at the District Honor Band. Last year, sadly I had to play the old beat up Yamaha YBB-103 that we had (lots of dings which restricted airflow; that way when I got it) that is now fixed, but then barely let any air through then and all the other tubists in my group couldn't even get a note on it. This year I finally get the chance to play on our good tuba that has my preferred tone and...dynamic...capabilities. I also have a larger mouthpiece this year.

A plus is our school hosts this year so I just go to my own school. Speaking of the honor band...I must be there 8 hours from now. I should sleep for at least 6 hours. I'll see ya round.

I know, OT, but I wanted to tell you since it has to do with music.

I've got to sleep if I expect to do well tomorrow (although I've played in band after being up for 2 days just fine). This year we have to sightread our music for the first time and have a concert in the same day. Wow I'm getting loopier and crazier every second. I better get my sleep for my health. Good Night.

I have a whole lot more on my mind, but I know this isn't really the place for it. Maybe I'll post in OT where I'm supposed to just to relay the experience. Again...GN

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 346
EC - Slowhand, quietly on the Linn

Gold Member

Post Number: 6803
The Doors on the tubes till noon.
Then downstairs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
The Tubes at the Door. Better get that one.....she's a beauty.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6804
One in a million.

Smashing recording on that album.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Hey Stu, do you have Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited?

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 348
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Peter Gabriel - So (finally) yes Nuck, very enjoyable.

Had a couple of guys over today, sold my JBL / Cadence surround speaker set with stands and wire to one and my Carver M-4.0t (unrefurbished) amp, and Caver 4000t pre-amp along with Audioquest 6+ speaker wire to another. 2nd guy messed up not buying the Monitor Audio Silver 8i's to go with the amp and pre. Point is I listened to a ton and 1/2 of music today, all very loud.

Time to kick back.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2321
I just got back I must say that's what I want my system to sound like.

I was right in front of the bass drum, timpani, and snare so if you can guess what that was like when they went REALLY loud. If you combine that with the power we had in our low brass section (it made up half the band; a quarter of the whole band being tubas!) you get some great headroom. When I was out in the audience, it wasn't so extreme, but still there. When we reached the FFFF part of our fastest song, they put some dents in the snares and timpani. Trust me, that was not good on my ears...

I'm not listening to anything. I'm auditating our concert in my head. We just got the music for it this morning and had a concert 3 hours later.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1464
Art, glad you enjoyed it and I am sorry I could not find the HDCD that I have of tht album to send to you. I love tracks 5 and 11.

Nuck, Peter is one of my Favs for critical listening. I think that SO album is incredible front to back. If you have dish network HD package, try to catch the "growing up" tour from Milan. It is a really cool and well produced concert. And it is in high def wich speaks for itself.

Stevie Wonder and old Tears for Fears spun today, gotta love some classic Stevie.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 351
JC,

Come on, seriously, do I look like Nuck?

I do agree on the critical listening as it is so clean. I do not have dish but I have seen him on Comcast HD channels, except now I have Vz FIOS. I will have to see if Peter Gabriel is on there as well.

Thanks.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 353
Pink Floyd - DSOM, Jan's LP, best one I've heard yet, quiet, stellar. Medium low volumes. First one I have seen with the with label with triangle. Rare?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4576
Linclon Center Jazz Orchestra "A Love Supreme".

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4579
Pat Martino "El Hombre".

Gold Member

Post Number: 6833
ZZ Top. 'Tres Hombres'.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
The Beatles- Taxman.

Arrrgh!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1752
stryvn,

I don't officially have Garage Days Re-Revisited. However, it is on disc 2 of Garage, Inc. I used to have it on cassette. It got lost in one of the many moves between college, grad school, and a half a dozen jobs before where I currently am. Hopefully I'll be here for a while.

Funny thing about the Re-Revisited songs is that they sound bad and great at the same time. They were recorded in one of the guy's garage (I think Ulrich's), which isn't a great studio. But, I think they were recorded with the entire band playing together, rather than recording everyone individually and pieceing together in production. I also think that they used the bare minimum processing and production. I don't think they're point was to achieve an organic and somewhat pure sound, but it worked out that way anyway. If they could only get rid of the hiss and humm, it would be an amazing recording, sound quality wise. It's one of my favorite Metallica albums, and the main reason why I bought Garage, Inc.

Do you have Garage, Inc.? If not, let me know. I just straightened out my CD burner issue. Hopefully for a good amount of time now.

I'll give it a spin in a little while.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2324
I'm just listening to a mix of Hillsong, Metallica, and some Art Blakey.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
Yea Stu, that might be my favorite Metallica album and I suspected it might be up your alley. The original $5.98 EP. I don't think the recording is all that great BUT, I think it suits that whole punk sound just lovely. And my recollection of it is it was recorded as it was played, in a garage as a tryout for Jason after the death of Cliff. I really sorta lost interst in the band after that album as it seemed to me they did what they previously criticized others for- they sold out. JMO.

I too, lost my original copy in a fire about 13 years ago. Played the cassette copy yesterday. As beautiful as I remembered it.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4582
Trygve Seim "Sangam"....don't mind me I'll just keep pluggin' along here...sounds awfully good!

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1757
The Doors - LA Woman on re-issued vinyl. Amazing sound quality. If the the re-mastered collection a friend is sending me sounds half as good, I'm in for a treat.

For all of us in the Northeast, I had to spin "Riders on the Storm" an extra time.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1758
stryvn,

I lost a lot of interest in them after ...And Justice For All. It was their last good album. The "Black" album was bad, "Load" was terrible, "Re-Load" was evn worse, and "St. Anger" was one of the worst albums I've ever heard. Yes, I own them all. With each album I thought they would straighten out their act, but it gets worse with every time. The train-wreck "Some Kind of Monster" film showed exactly why they suck so much. Thank God I didn't pay to see that however long crying and whining session.

They're supposedly releasing a new album this summer. I know I shouldn't buy it, but I'm hopefull they're gotten back to their roots. I honestly don't think it can get worse than St. Anger. I know, I know... I'm falling for it again.

S&M has a good song - No Leaf Clover.

Garage, Inc. has the original Garage Days, some live Motorhead covers, and some pretty good other covers.

Why do I keep falling for it?

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2330
Riders on the Storm

I'm just sitting here laid back reasoning and reflecting about things that come to mind. I hope you're all having a fair to good week.

Silver Member

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 182
Thanks Andre, you too

Listening now to Rock and Soul Revue - Live at the Beacon...love that Phoebe Snow rendition of At last...

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1767
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pearl Jam - VS

Gold Member

Post Number: 6891
Arcade Fire, online.
I still don't get it.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 603
The Rippingtons - Live! Across America

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4591
"Arcade Fire, online.
I still don't get it."

Not surprising...

Silver Member

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 185
Rod Stewart - Still the Same, THe Great Rock Classics of our time

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 604
Patton Fan Company - "We will Blow You Away"

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1466
Tool- 10,000 days
NIN- broken
RHCP-stadium arcadium

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1772
Rage Against the Machine - Self titled album

Gold Member

Post Number: 6894
Bob Seger
Live Silver Bullet.

Why does the Arcade Fire not surprise you Art?

I don't understand the fuss. They are big in Quebec, but Jerry Lewis is big in France.

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Grateful Dead bootleg from Barton Hall @ Cornell University 5/8/77

I think Art is not surprised you still don't get the whole Arcade Fire, thing. Many don't.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 606
wow... I had a little to drink when making the comment above about listening to my fan in the background...

I didn't realise that I worded it like it could be a legit music group

Gold Member

Post Number: 6898
PFC opened for arcade fire, fanning the flames.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4595
For my personal use this thread has gone down hill steadily...and that's ok. It ain't meant to be everything to everyone. I had mentioned that we needed a thread like this and Gavin took the reigns and started it. I will still post what I'm listening to but this is exactly the kind of thread I was hoping to avoid.

Like I said I will still post what I'm listening to and watch what ya'll are listening to, but I will go elsewhere to discuss music.

Once again please understand that I'm not upset or making any statements relative to others preferences. I personally don't enjoy the music that most of you listen to so I will visit casually.

Well, back to work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6903
I simply wanted a clarification, Art.
Otherwise, it seems OK to me.
see ya.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Art- I apologize if it was I who offended. I meant no harm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6907
Bob Seger, side two.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4596
No one offended me Stryvn, I enjoy all of you folks.

My musical interests are simply way different than what is usually discussed here..again that's ok. There are other forums to discuss music. I will hope that at sometime there will be a place here for my kind of music, until then it'll be ok.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6908
fair 'nuff

Silver Member
Username: Mrtomasulo

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 140
Sun Kil Moon

"Ghosts of the Great Highway"

It's poppin' tonight.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 356
Radiohead - OK Computer on the Apollo, comfortable (for Marsh) volume

Saturday when she's at work I will spin it on the Linn with comfortable (for Mike) volume

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2332
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey - Paul McCartney and Wings

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
ok Art, how about Marc Antoine?

I went to see him for free at a Jazz Festival downtown about 5 or 6 years ago. Very energetic, band sounded great (for an outdoor gig in the middle of downtown) and Marc was spot-on with his playing.

Now that you mention it, all the MA cd's are coming out tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 607
I myself love Lizz Wright, so she comes up from time to time.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4597
Love Lizz Wright...

Stryvn, I think Marc Antoine is light jazz (correct me if I'm mistaken) which really ain't my fare.

The only music I really don't like is metal (not old school metal like Zep), you know the headbanging stuff, hip hop, and light jazz. This thread has been focused primarily on the first one which with hip hop is my least favorite. That's why I said, carry on...

I will chime in on music of interest to me much as all of you do.

The reason that I was a bit put off by Nuck's comment about Arcade Fire is that we have made it quite clear that this thread ain't a critic's thread, it's to share what music you're listening to...whatever that music is. That's why I have continued to share even though my music rarely gets comments. At the same time I'm sharing I'm reading what you are sharing without making any judgemental statements relative to my feelings about whatever music you listen to. So when Nuck made the comment about "not getting the Arcade Fire" thing it, I wondered how many times I could have said that about most of the music discussed here but wouldn't out of respect for you all.

Again no big deal, I enjoy all of you (even you Nuck...lol).

Time for work!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6913
I didn't think my personal lack of understanding the band's music would be such an impediment to the thread, but no sweat.

Hell, I don't 'get' a lot of stuff, Rap first and foremost.

I enjoy your listening posts Art, even without knowing all of the pieces myself. I take notes.

Nuck

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1776
What makes any art form an art to me is that not everyone "gets it." How good could anything be if every person got it? It would have to be pretty watered down and generic if it wasn't offensive in any way, shape, or form. I don't mean offensive in a vulgar or shocking sense, I mean it in a like/dislike sense.

An analogy -

Coors Light. Is there anyone who truly hates the taste? I doubt it. Its so watered down that even people who don't like beer won't hate it. Possibly the most unoffensive beer there is.

Guinness. A lot of people hate the way it tastes. And a lot of people love it. Its not for everyone, and it makes no excuses.

Not that beer is art, but you get the idea.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1777
BTW,

Cream - The Very Best of Cream

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4599
Whew, I'm glad to see posts here...the silence after my last post was deafening....

Oh and Stu.....Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter, goin' down smooth as I type. It's my Friday and I got off from work early...YIPPIE!!!

Modern Jazz XM 72 playin'.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4600
Oh and Nuck...you know I'm just givin' you a hard time right...right...ok then.

That glug your hear is me tippin' the Porter...TGIF!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6915
Any anology to do with beer is OK by me.

Rush Signals.

The analogue kid jumps out at ya!

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1780
Not sure if they're readly available on the Left Coast Art, but if you like Porter...

Cooperstown Brewery's Benchwarmer Porter

Otter Creek's Stove Pipe Porter.

Sierra Nevada and Anchor's Porters and great too. I'm sure you've got access to those.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4602
Stu you are talkin' to an Oregonian.

Oregon the Microbrew capitol of the world. Portland, Oregon has more breweries than any city in the US with 38 (last count). I haven't seen the Cooperstown or Otter Creek then again there is so much here to enjoy...who knows.

Carmen McRae "Carmen Sings Monk"

BTW the Deschutes is from Bend, Oregon, the Deschutes river..fantastic whitewater and fishing (though I don't).

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4603
On to the Full Sail Amber from Hood River, Oregon...in the shadow of Mt Hood along the mighty Columbia River, the Sailboarding capitol of the world.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6918
Damn, I gotta visit the place!

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 663
Grimbergen - Optimo Bruno - brought some back with me from a recent visit to Europe.

I've had some of the other Cooperstown beers but not the Porter. I have had many of the Otter Creek offerings though. Very nice.

Stu, Speaking of Cooperstown beers have you tried any of the beers from Brewery Ommegang? Good stuff. It's only about an hour from where I live and I head there every fall for the "Waffles and Puppets" fest.

Oh, and I'm listening to Roger Hodgson - "Open the Door" through the PC speakers.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1781
I've head a few Ommegang brews. While they're vey good, I'm not that big a fan of the Belgian style brews. As far as I know, they brew Belgian style beers almost exclusively.

I used to pass by the exit on the thruway all the time when I was in grad school. From Albany to Niagara Falls (almost 5 hours) alone gets pretty mundane. I was tempted a bunch of times but never followed through.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1782
Sorry...

It should read - Driving from Albany to Niagara Falls.

Silver Member
Username: Mrtomasulo

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 141
Did someone seriously say Ommegang? This is seriuosly my favorite beer and about all I drink anymore, and I live in the midwest! Dollar for dollar I think this is the best Belgian ale around. I keep trying more expensive stuff to top it, but nothing can.

It's almost like the Ascend Acoustic of the beer world. :-) :-) :-) :-)

The regular Ommegang Abbey Ale and also their Three Philosophers are both excellent as far as my palate is concerned. I don't like the Hennepin brew, however.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4604
Sean Jones "Gemini"

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4606
Russell Gunn "Plays Miles"

followed by Roy Hargrove's RH Factor "Distractions". Bringin' da funk home ya'll!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4608
The Bad Plus "Give".

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2341
Classic Rock is playing as I prepare to do my homework for the first time in like 6 months. That would explain why I have all A's and a D- in the class I have homework in.

I'll still be on. <multitask>

OT- My dad just bought this 6 GPD water distiller and I like watching (and feeling) the fan blow off the heat from the coils as the water makes it's way from the boiling chamber leaving impurities behind and condensing into (almost) pure water on the other end in the carafe. OT off.

Music sure passes the time. That's why I don't listen when I'm busy working.

Silver Member

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 358
Warmed up with Blind Faith

Then hit it hard with Radiohead - OK Computer on the Linn

Much more detailed than on the Rega Apollo.

BTW, anyone ever get the feeling that your speakers were giving you strange looks?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1784
I just ordered a few Japanese/English/Dutch imports from Best Buy -

Led Zeppelin 1 - 4, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Graffiti.

Haven't gotten 1 and 3 yet, but the rest sound phenominal. Best Buy has some great prices on them - $13 and $26 for Physical Graffiti (its a double CD). I may hate Best Buy's electronics, but I love their music and movie selection and prices.

As far as the Japanese/English/Dutch thing goes, it has me dumbfounded -

Their's a sticker on the back that looks like a price tag and says "Made in Holland."

Then their's another sticker on the back that has track listings that says in small print "Made in England."

Then on the CD itself, it says "Made in Japan."

Anyone have any clue? They're the LP sleeve style CDs. Some have the Japanese 'Obi' and some don't. Physical Graffiti's inserts (lyrics, etc.) have a Japanese and English version.

Its a debacle. Then again, who cares? The music's what its all about.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2344
I Love Rock N'Roll is on the radio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6956
Ozzie on the radio-crazy train

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2346
Now I'm listening to my 6th grade Christmas concert on CD. WOW we were horrible. Heh, Up On a Housetop and Jingle Bells; very simple indeed, at least compared to what we're playing now (a few exceptions, like I'm playing concert with the 7th graders to help make up for their tuba player absence; stuff like Wipe Out, Beauty and the Beast, etc.).

Even More OT-

I love sitting right in front of the percussion section because I'm right in front of the bass drum and timpani where on some songs they're just SLAMMING them and I get to feel it. Kyle, by far the loudest player (when required of him), put a few dents in the high school's 16k set of timapani. I remember when I was out on the field and he was just like BAAAAMM! The sticks were flying everywhere and the timpani heads were moving at least 3 inches! I can barely wait the 4 months until we start practicing again!

Ok I'm done-

I like music a lot, like I would suspect you guys would too since you're here; you wouldn't be otherwise.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4611
Nicholas Payton "Payton's Place".

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4612
Actually it was Nicholas Payton "Nick@Nite" now onto Naxos Film Music Classics with Korngold "Captain Blood", Young "Scaramouche", Steiner "The Three Musketeers", Rosza "The King's Thief"...Brandenburg Philharmonic Orchestra, Potsdam, led by Richard Kaufman.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4614
Beethoven "Violin Concerto in D", Mendelssohn "Violin Concero in E Minor", Heifetz/Munch, Boston Symphony Orchestra.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4617
After vinyl Chicago's "Greatest" and Robin Trower's "Bridge", a real treat and something I haven't heard since the "70's and just found used in local record store (in regrettable condition) The Sensational Alex Harvey Band "Live".....Give My Compliments to the Chef!

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2354
On the radio is "I Get No Doubt."

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2355
Now it's "Old Black Water."

Oh. Wait, now it's some lyrics that are like "There's a little black spot on the sun today." I think it's Steely Dan.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6966
The Police, Andre

Gold Member

Post Number: 6967
Lemme tell y'all about Texas radio with the Big Beat...

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2359
Thanks Nuck. I asked my dad on the way home from church and learned that. I was (of course ) going to correct it if you haven't yet. Thanks.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4619
It's time for new music Sunday on XM72 mo modern jazz in yo face.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 609
Just returned from my jaunt to Boston to see Loreena McKennitt... WHAT A CONCERT!!!

It was in the Wang (Met) Theatre, and the musicianship was to die for. Ms. McKennitt alternated between harp, piano, keyboard, and the odd squeezebox. Her accompanying band had the various standards... guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, string bass, and percussion section, as well as what she is known for... several performers played middle eastern stringed instruments... they are escaping me at the moment.

The sound was the best I have ever heard, bar none...besting what I have heard at Diana Krall with ease... even the most miniscule details were able to be heard, such as the dampers in her piano, or the percussionists' fingers tapping the drums. Chimes rang clean and clear, and hovered in midair. Siblance was at a minimum. All in all, it sounded like listening to music on a good home hifi. The volume was at a very decent volume, one that you could kick back and close your eyes...just listening...

The stage was set up quite minimally, with only a bare backdrop to project lighting, and an arbor above the drummer...

I would highly recommend checking this fabulous show out as it stops near you. It is truly excellent.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 610
I would write more, but am quite tired...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us