Arcam or Cyrus

Username: Nil

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 1
Please anybody opine onArcam A 90 Vs Cyrus 8 vs2. Also tell me the matching speakers for a room of 12 feet X 20 feet

Username: Ravbains

Post Number: 8
Hi Nilay,

is it not possible for you to audition either of these two amp?

From past experience, I find the Arcam house sound to be smooth and balanced (but too laid back for some). The Cyrus house sound is more sharp and incisive.

Both are different, but its a subjective assesment. Who's to say, which one is right for you?

My favorite modestly priced loudspeaker is the Epos M12.2, I guess it would work well with either amp.

cheers
Rav

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2137
Rav has it pretty much on the money. Both are more powerful than you'd expect. The Cyrus has a more incisive, open delivery but the Arcam has the warmer, smoother, cohesive one. Very much a case of choosing the unit that is more to your taste.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7202
Although entirely different makes and price points, Rav and Frank, is this close to a Rotel/Nad question?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7203
Oops.
Nilay Rav and Frank.

Sorry, Nilay.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2141
Actually I think Arcam and Cyrus are even further apart than Rotel and NAD! I could live with either Rotel or NAD but I couldn't live with a Cyrus, good though it is.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7247
So Nilay, Frank is figguring the Cyrus is very analytical, very accurate, and lacking soul.
Close, Frank?

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2145
Mmmm, not wishing to damn the Cyrus because it has lots of very good attributes but I think I find it a bit unrelenting, and sometimes you need music to ebb and flow.

Regards,
Frank.

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 2
Thank you guys. Sorry, was away for some time. I agree with frank, cyrus is more like maths, does not add on to the music, also the sound stage is narrower. But probbably, i am going for cyrus (new 8 vs2). Any guess for the speakers. Rav says Epos 12.2. What about paradigm studio 100 or B & W 703/704.
Nilay

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2163
The 700 series never sold so buy with care. They need a lot of free space to work properly otherwise the bass is too much. B&W are about to launch the new DM600 series (happening now). You may be interested in one of those?

EPOS M12.2s are great speakers, but you must use them with their own lightweight open frame stands to sound any good. They do not have the last word in bass but they are very communicative and involving.

Dynaudio is a brand worth looking at. The Audience 52 is a perennial favourite.

Totem Acoustic's Arro or Rainmaker work well with the 8vs2 too.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh784

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 69
Consider the Epos M15.2 if you need more bass. They are more expensive, but when you consider that you must buy the Epos stands to support the M12.2s, the difference in price isn't as big.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 202
Hi Nilay, I second Frank's recommendation on Dynaudio Audience 52 as I own one, it's quite expensive here from where I am located but was fortunate to find a pre-owned one and I am very happy with the sound I'm getting....it's got what is typically expected of a good speaker...bass, got lots of it(of course in a small to medium sized room)...very articulate speakers I must say....just my 2c!

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

Post Number: 205
Hi Nilay, what's up?

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 3
Hi guys,
Thanks. What about paradigm studio 60 v3 (room size 20 X 13 ft) with cyrus. What do you think frank, arnold, red
Nilay

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 208
Suprising you'll get arcam and cyrus in ahmedabad nilay, do you'll get dynaudio or b&w as well, I was under the impression that probably one of the metropolitan cities like delhi or mumbai for that matter..

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2171
I have no experience with Paradigm, sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us