Do I turn off the subwoofer when I'm finished listening?

Username: Phead1223

Post Number: 1
Hello all. I finally have money to purchase a new home theater system (upgrade from a small $300 shelf system purchased in high school many years back), and I am considering the Axiom EP500 and the Hsu VTF-3 MK3. The subwoofer would be placed in a corner of my my room (less than 3000ft^3), and it will be difficult to get to to turn it on and off. I am wondering if I can leave it on, and if I leave it on, will it suck up tons of electricity? Any input/recommendation on subs to purchase would be appreciated as well. The EP500 would really be pushing my budget, and if the Hsu is competitive it would be nice to save $600 or so. As info, my system is going to be...

Front L/R: Axiom M80
Center: Axiom VP150
Rear L/R: Axiom QS8
Sub: ????
Pre-Amplifier: Sherwood/Newcastle AVP-9080R
Amplifier: Sherwood/Newcastle AM-9080 <purchased>
Power Conditioner: Belkin PureAV PF60 <purchased>
DVD Player: Sony DVP-NC85H <purchased>
TV: Philips 27'' CRT (HDTV still isn't where I want it:-)) <purchased>

Thanks,
Dan

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 525
Most any sub has an auto switch where it turns on once it receives a signal, so you don't need to worry too much about it.

As far as the subwoofer, I'd say go for the Hsu or maybe the HO model and save some cash, although the Axiom has its proponents as well.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3725
I always turn mine off whether it's got auto on off or not I always switch it off when note in use!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us