Bose Companion 5 and Vista

Username: Crytex

Post Number: 1
Anyone has been able to use Bose Companion 5 speakers on a PC using Vista OS ? they work fine on XP, but I can't get a sound to come out on a Vista PC, even though it says everything is ready for use. Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 519
Double check your sound card drivers and make sure they're good for Vista.

Generally speaking, the computer doesn't know and doesn't care what type of computer speakers you are using.

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 138
Yeah I would agree check ur soundcard driver if vista supports it, or recongize's it..
Secondly, for bose companion 5 u'll need a atleast a 24bit audio sound card(e.g-creative X fatility) to elevate the sound of the bose, apart from that sound on board just won't any good...

Username: Crytex

Post Number: 3
Thanks Stephen. It seems to say the drivers are good.
Shane, can you please clarify: The Bose manuel says that because it uses a USB port, it bypasses the sound card.....if so, how would I be able to benefit from an X fatility ?

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 527
Ahh that makes a difference. If the computer recognizes it, try checking the audio properties to see what it is trying to output the sound to. If you have a sound card in your computer, it may be trying to output to that only instead of the USB Bose system.

Username: Pari

Post Number: 1
Crytex, maybe you should read the manual}}

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1193
Reading about Vista when it first came out, it seems this is a very common issue, many drivers claim to be supported and aren't. Having no sound seems to be the most common. Either Vista will have to fix the problem with an update, or the consumer will have to wait for the individual peripheral companies to start releasing new software versions for Vista... But really what's in it for them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us