Denon pma 500 ae integrated amp

Username: Balboa13

Jaipur

Post Number: 1
hi, friends.
can somebody tell me about denon 500 AE amp ...
i'm planning to buy an amp ...can somebody help me with this ???
i'm an audiophile with shoestring budget.

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 121
Great midrange and highs, powerful and well built with well laid out controls and switching is quite good. Great nuances and powerfull dynamic sound.Clean, warm, natural and very detail sound. Good sound stage but it depends on what speakers u would be driving them with, rated
2 x 45/channel (8 ohms, RMS)and 2 x 70w at 4ohms.. in the states retails at around 200-220$ give or take indianrupee at 9500-10000rs/-..Ask ur dealer for a demo at the store and take ur music along, that would give u a better picture...
Hey sharma did u attend the Arun-Hurley wedding at jaipur and what was it like?..

Jaipur

Post Number: 2
hi shane ..unfortunately i couldn't attend the wedding (being hurley fan it was really unfortunate haha )...it was held at jodhpur (another city near by jaipur actually)..

anyways...i checked this amp (pma 500ae ) . & dealer gave me demo with 6ohms jamo 660 floorstander ..sound was really clean & detailed ..but lacked in low frequencies ..bass was not that fuller..maybe the combination of 6 ohms was not right ..if we go through the specs ..there is no wattage rating for 6 ohms ..does it really matter??? there are other factors as well like the source the dealer was using was sony 20 bit cd player ..(please bare with my little knowledge

& to top it all ..this amp is overprized in india ..it's costing 16000 Rs ( round about $390 )
shane could you suggest me what should i do ..
yamaha RDX e-700 mini system is also in my hit list

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
Not sure abt the wattage rating... sony's 20bit cd player is good.. although audio cd(bought from store,not mp3 converted to audio cd)are 16bit audio... yeah I guess I was wrong when saying 10000rs/- maybe at ebay or amazon though..
And the yamaha rdx e-700mini system is completely different to what ur asking about denon's pma500ae its like listening to some jvc or panasonic boom box no comparison at all.

However, since its overpriced try checkin out other amps, like yamaha,onkyo and nad which I hope would be within your budget and also look out for other brands of spks(mix and match basically) is what I'am trying to get across...
check with other senior members opinions as well, which would be more helpful for you...
Calling Frank Abela to the rescue...

Jaipur

Post Number: 3
ya..i know it's diffrent game also together when you talk about mini system ..well that's the option ..if nothing works out well then ..i'll go for yamaha rdx e-700 mini ...as the last option...

shane cables also play a vital role ..how to recognize the right cable ???

Jaipur

Post Number: 4
ya..i know it's diffrent game also together when you talk about mini system ..well that's the option ..if nothing works out well then ..i'll go for yamaha rdx e-700 mini ...as the last option...

shane cables also play a vital role ..how to recognize the right cable ???

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2093
Hi,

I know nothing about the PMA500AE, which is why I hadn't contributed to this thread. If you're looking at the mini systems I am a big fan of the Onkyo CS515 and CS715 - very capable (particularly the 715) and very enjoyable. Also very reliable.

Not sure if this helps...

Regards,
Frank.

Jaipur

Post Number: 5
it's a big help frank ..unfortunately cs715 is not available in india ...specs sounds great 004% THD level is really cool ..nevr got chance to listen ..
but i'm still dying to see the combination of denon 500ae with boston vr1 floorstander ...
the price diffrence is mere Rs 5000 between cs 515 & denon 500...

Jaipur

Post Number: 6
hey ..frank ..& shane ..thanx anyways ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Good cables are paramount... u do need good cabling to executive that kinda sound, especially the pma500ae, how to recongize that well I personally use Monster cable or vivanco(german brand, expensive but good)monster cable preferably, spk cable not really sure they are too many to choose from I guess you've got to be your own judge..

I'am not a fan of boston acoustics(if thats the one) ur referring to driven with pma500, I did have boston surround, I regret for having bought it, after a period of 3-4months sounded like a boom box, just flat out... Since u have ur eye on the floor standin and within ur budget and feel complacent with it then I guess u should go along with it.. Remember its ur money and sounds good to ya, then why not... However check out wharfedale, tannoy, jbl studio series, infinity, definitive technology(good bass from these,powered subs), mission etc I feel this would cater to ur budget and sound as well...

Jaipur

Post Number: 7
oh...i c ..good that you bring this to my notice ..maybe dealer is exagerating about the speakers ..he was going gaga over the product ..however i didn't take the audition.

tomorrow i'll see to it ...or else i'll settle down for whaferdale ...diamond 9.1 that really cool.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
yup.... cool.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us