Does The H/K AVR 340 Have Enough Juice?

Username: Philly_t

Post Number: 8
I'm planning to use an H/K AVR 340 to power 2 JBL L880s, 2 L830s and an LC2, all from the Studio Series.

The AVR is rated at 55 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz -- 20kHz into 8 ohms with all (7) channels driven.

L880s: MFR: 30Hz--40kHz, ±3dB. Sensitivity: 91dB (2.83V/m). Nominal impedance: 8 ohms. Maximum recommended amplification: 200W. Power handling: 100W continuous, 400W peak.

L830s: MFR: 48 Hz - 40 kHz ± 3 dB, Sensitivity: 90 dB, Impedance: 8 Ohms Nominal, Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 150 Watts, Power Handling (Continuous/Peak): 75 Watts/300 Watts.

LC2: MFR: 50 Hz - 40 kHz ± 3 dB, Sensitivity: 92 dB, Impedance: 8 Ohms Nominal, Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 150 Watts, Power Handling (Continuous/Peak): 75 Watts/300 Watts.

My question: Is this a good match? Will this AVR be able to handle these JBLs? Does it have enough power to make these JBLs sing? I have also read in various places that even though the Studio Series are rated at 8 Ohms, they're actually closer to 6.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13802
"Is this a good match?" - Totally up to your ears and perception. My view...Not too thrilled, I think the pairing lacks certain clarity and detail. Works for some.

"Will this AVR be able to handle these JBLs?" - Yes

Have you heard them or will you have the means to hear them for yourself?

You mileage may vary!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6921
Yes it does.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 493
The H/K will have enough juice mine(avr-245) fills a 3 bed room APT easly forget walls there no good its still loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 6923
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/346064.html

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10272

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 109
hey jan, tnks for that link, i've checked it out...

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 110
match is good, and will be able to handle them and offcourse h/k recommends them for all of their jbl spks, atleast most of them as far as I know... (but, my opinion people on these forums like h/k but personally i don't like them one bit)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6947
These JBL's are a very easy load, most receivers will run them.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3710
Why not just hook up three JBL 4675-A in the room and let me know how it sounds!

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2022
Hi Andy,

Those would scare off most on the forum, but since I like horns I would love to hear those!

Silver Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 220
Remember little hoppergrass: specs mean nothing-the gospel according to Jan. I agree with Berny's analysis.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 499
And they are right, all amp makers rate there stuff different 150watts in yamaha gear maybe be only be 70watts in pioneer gear

The heavery the amp the better the power surrply and biggger caps ect..

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10372

Say it often enough and JBJ might eventually learn what it means. Kinda like a lab rat learns when to push the button for food. Then what will happen to JBJ? Other than he will finally go away. Naw, he's not smart enough to find the button. We're stuck with his enormous contribution to the forum.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10373

Almost forgot ...

FOJBJ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us