Yamaha HTR-5940 and Built In TV Speakes

Username: New_pandemic

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Yamaha HTR-5940 which is my first audio receiver. I've been hooking up but I cannot figure out how I will be able to hook up my TV's built in speakers to the unit. I don't want to have useless speakers just sitting there. I though maybe hooking them up to the front speaker ports on the back of the 5940 but since the cables are audio component ones, I don't know if it would work properly.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1771
I don't think its possible, but don't even bother if it is. The speakers in just about any TV are absolute junk. Their only real criteria is if they'll fit and how cheap they can get them for.

I say "...just about any TV..." because there are exceptions to every rule, but I haven't exactly come across the exception to this one yet. I'm not holding my breath either.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 174
You bought a receiver for your built-in TV speakers?

Post Number: 2
no.......

I didn't buy a receiver for my TV speakers, but since everything is running through it already and since it also handles all the video, I wanted to get sound to the speakers in my TV ...

Post Number: 3
n/m I got it to work. I stripped 1 end of each of the audio cables separated the 2 lines and hooked them up to the back under additional front speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1181
All I can say is ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us