Denon AVR-1604 VS. Pioneer VSX-41 Elite

Username: Apcxlibra

Post Number: 1
I'm Looking To Buy A New Receiver, And Both Of These Sounded Pretty Good, The Denon Is 75x6, while the Pioneer is 110x6, they're both 300 bucks, which one would you recommend? My Dad's got a Denon 3802, and it sounds awesome, could this mean that the 1604 may have an advantage? Thanx for your help.

Post Number: 2
Bump (Bring Up My Post)

Post Number: 3
Guys, Please Try To Answer This, At Least One Person's Opinion and you would be my good graces. Please give me your opinion... Thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 280
Some else may be more knowledgable to assist you. First it would depend on your speakers as the Denons are known to be somewhat brighter (dry) sounding and the Pioneer warmer. The Pioneer obviously has more real power and that is a real plus at that price point.

Post Number: 4
Well, I Can Get both receivers at $300 bucks a piece, good deal? The Pioneer is originally $500 bucks, but there's $200 bucks in savings... and the Denon is $300 originally, so... But rite now, I would be using old Onkyo speakers that I got with a "Home Theater In A Box" from Christmas, but my receiver blew up, cuz my little sister dropped a penny into the circuit board of it, and fried it or something, so... yeah, thanx for any more help...

Post Number: 5
Bump... Please Reply To This Message, Thanks...

Post Number: 6
Alrite Guys, I picked up a Denon AVR-1803 for $317, good deal? I got it at a warehouse downtown, but there was no remote, thats why the price was knocked down, but let me tell you a story... I went on the internet to order the proper remote for it (RC-939), found it on Remotes.com for $40, good deal I think, So I ordered that, waited a week, and last saturday, it came, so I open the box, and... to my surprise, it isn't the right remote. It is the RC-869. But it was a Denon, so I wasn't worried, but just to be sure, I went on the website where I ordered the remote to check and see if they ripped me off. So I go on, put the model number in, and to my surprise, the remote was worth $135.69! I was very happy, and I'm glad I got cheated. Lol, Anyways, give me feedback on the receiver though, is it worthy? I haven't been able to set it up because I am looking for an entertainment center at the moment (Wouldn't want what happened last time happen again, rite?) Lol, thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us