NAD 320BEE & MA BR5

Username: Nadfan

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask the expert here on the view of NAD 320BEE & MA BR5 combination.

I bought the NAD 320BEE last Dec and I like the warm sound very much, however the Mission m32i is beginning to sound a little small and less bass for my living room, I thought of upgrading to a pair MA BR5.

My question is.. will my NAD 320BEE 2x50watt 8ohm be able to drive the MA BR5 30-120watt 6ohm easily?

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 36
Adrian, how big is the room, and where are the speakers placed?

Post Number: 2
Hi Joe, my living room is about 5m x 12m

I'm not too sure whether should I add a pair of subwoofers or to get a new pair of floorstanders, I like deep & rich bass which the m32i can't provide.

Bronze Member

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 37
Adrian, I can tell about my own personal experience. My room is about the same size, and my amp is a Cambridge Audio 640A v1, which is 65 watts. I almost got the 'BEE, it was a tough choice. I wanted a stereo setup, not really interested in surround, and I wanted deep bass. I did a lot of online research and then went and demoed a bunch of speakers. I ended up with the Monitor Audio silver rs6's, and I couldn't be happier. They have amazing bass performance, it hits hard and goes deep. No need at all for a sub. In fact, I even put foam bungs (came with the speakers) into one of the ports just to dampen the bass a little.

But anyways, when I first set out, I was just about sure I was going to get either the KEF iq5 or the MA bronze br5. As far as the 2 brands go, I personally thought the MA's were way better than the KEF, in detail, clarity, and soundstage. So then it came down to the bronze br5 vs. the silver rs6. And I ended up with the rs6 because 1)the soundstage was so much bigger and 2)the bass performance. No doubt, the br5's are full-range and have impressive bass, but the rs6's take it to another level...to that level where no sub is ever needed, because the bass is THUMPING when it needs to be. And I'm so happy now that I made that choice, every time I listen.

So, here's what I'm getting at. In my opininon, based on my own experience, if I were in your shoes I would either keep those m32i's and get a sub, or splurge a little and take it to the next level with the rs6. I don't think, for the money, that the br5's will really deliver what you want in terms of bass. It might be an improvement, but won't be revolutionary. With the rs6's though, you can rest assured you'll have all the speaker you need.

Oh, and as for the whether the BEE has sufficient power, I can tell you that the MA's are very efficient, and at least in my setup, 65 watts is more than enough.

Hope this helps.

Post Number: 3
Joe, I will certainly take your advice on the rs6 into consideration, if the price is too steep I will go for a sub.

Thank you very much on taking your time in writing such a detail response.

Bronze Member

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 39
I went through months of anguish trying to decide, and I appreciated every time someone helped me on this forum, so I'm just returning the favor.

FYI, there's some second hand rs6's out there if you look. I got mine on Audiogon for $750. But by all means, try to go listen at a store first.

Let us know what pans out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us