What do u reccomend?

Username: Stout

Post Number: 1
i need help! I'm debating with myself over which receiver to buy. I'm currently looking at:

Dennon AVR-1804
Onkyo TX-SR701
Pioneer VSX-D914

My current Pioneer VSX-3000 from 1987 is a bit dated and is in need of replacment. My current speaker arraingment is Klipsch RF-35s in the front, RC-35 for the center, RW-10 sub, and Infinity SM-100s for the rear. Typical usage is music/video = 50/50.

I've also been reading about the NAD, but am unfamiliar with it. Anybody out there have an opinion?

Bronze Member
Username: Sem

Post Number: 84
Stout, lots of NAD opinions around here. Just search through the Receivers category, including the archived groups. You'll find the good..the bad..and the ugly. Still, I think you'd be hard pressed to find another receiver that sounds as nice in the same price range. If you buy NAD, be sure its from an authorized dealer.
Someone else can probably answer how the NAD line would match up with your speakers. Good luck, and be sure to audition anything you're considering.

Post Number: 2
You betcha. Lots of NAD opinions. My concern is that is seems like half the people who post here swear by the NAD, the other half are trying to figure out how to fix their NAD setup. Any opinion on the other names?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1075
stout,

I think you are about right in your estimation of the numbers of NAD posts here. I also think this tells us something about the forum, and the people who use it. I don't think it tells us anything about NAD. My Rantz started a thread on this question: NAD - To be or not to be?.

Also, I agree with Sem.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the input guys! Interesting thread about the NAD. Based upon some of the other posts I think I'm going to go listen to the Yamaha 1400, too. I'm trying to spend no more than $600. Also, I'm having a hard time getting feedback about the VSX-D914. Is that because its a newer model?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us