Speakers for Marantz? Hawk...anyone with suggestions?

Tom
Unregistered guest
I have decided on a Marantz receiver. Most likely the 5400 or 6400. I have approximately $1K in the budget for speakers including a sub. I have looked at the HSU and Energy subs but not decided as of yet. The split will be about 50/50 as far as music/dvd etc. Any thoughts appreciated

Username: Shamoobian

Toronto, On

Post Number: 4
Hey Tom,

I have the energy connieseur c-5s with the cr-1 surrounds and the c-c1 centre and a small 8.2 sub (have a bigger one at home and needed this for the bedroom). They sound amazing and I love them!!! it might be a bit above your price range..I think I ended up paying 1400 + tax (canadian). I also heard the take5.2 system and that sounded really good too. A little weak on the lows but the sub made up for that..well worth the price!

Dick
Unregistered guest
Tom - I recently got the Axiom M3Ti's, running them with the 6300 in a 13 x 18' room. They sound great, & seem to be getting better. I listen to music 100%, & will be getting a Hsu later, but the little M3's put out surprisingly decent bass, at least for my tastes. I strongly recommend the Axioms & the price is right.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 596
Tom:

I greatly favor Monitor Audio speakers with a Marantz receiver. In your price range, the Bronze series is a superb value and within your budget. For the sub, I would recommend the Hsu STF-1, which is only $299 shipped.

Good luck!

Username: Floridahog

Florida

Post Number: 5
Thanks Hawk. I am going to look into those speakers and will let you know what comes of that.

Bronze Member
Username: Fletcher

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 13
Did you manage to find anything Tom? Any updates?

Username: Floridahog

Florida

Post Number: 6
Sure did. Due to some issues getting my new 60" Hitachi LCD delivered, I got 2 sets of Paradigm Mini Monitors, a 10" Paradigm sub, a Paradigm Center Channel speaker and 150' of premium Monster Cable for a whopping price of $620. I was leaning towards the Monitor Audio speakers, but with the deal they offered me on these, I could not pass it up.

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
So do Paradigm's match well with Marantz?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us