T763 experience/review so far.

Username: Sfox7076

Post Number: 8
So I have had the T763 for a few days and must say I love it. I am using it with a pair of Paradigm Studio 60s, v.2., Studio 20 V.2. surrounds and a CC v.2. Hawk, you were so right. This receiver makes the Paradigms really come to life.

I will start with the two negatives, white noise and the remote. Ok, there is a little white noise when an input is selected, put my ear to the speaker and I turn the volume up to a level that is well above my listening level. I think that is normal, and who cares if I can't hear it from the listening position.

Setup on this receiver is a breeze. I didn't like that the remote was only learning and didn't have presets, but I coped quickly. Beyond that, the setup on this receiver is done all on screen with little to no problem for the average person.

One of my reference discs is Damien Rice's O. The album covers everything from a bit of rock to opera. If you aren't sold after listening to the song Eskimo, select Cold Water and enjoy the seperation in the voices. It blows my Denon away. I cannot even express how much I want to just come home, sit down and listen to the receiver and speakers for hours.

Another interesting thing I discovered was that I actually do own HDCD's and never knew it. Josh Ritter's Hello Starling was released in HDCD. I can say that I really enjoy the CD more, but I cannot say if it is because of the HDCD aspect, or more so that the receiver is so much better.

I haven't used it for movies really, but I did try one. In 5.1 mode, the quality is still great. I think that the Denon 3803 lacked some of the punch of this receiver. It is much cleaner and has much more power to give when watching. I will post more sometime soon.

Shawn

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1065
Great to read that, Shawn. There are many threads here where people post only with problems. I've bought, separately, the HTR remote you received with the T763. It has presets. You have to teach it to speak to units from other makers, I think that is unavoidable. I think the white noise is normal, as you say. If you choose the inputs "Ext 5.1/7.1" with nothing connected, you will hear whatever noise there is from the amplifier stage itself; the signal processor is out of the loop. If that gives no more than a gentle rustle at max gain and with your ear to the speaker, then it seems to me there is nothing to worry about.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 27
I incorporated an NAD T763 into my A/V system last week (replacing a Yamaha). I am very impressed with its performance combined with my Paradigm Studio 40 mains, and Paradigm Reference center.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us