AS-P4100 400 Watt 10-inch Subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Silas92

Post Number: 143
I have found the Athena AS-P4100 400 Watt 10-inch Subwoofer for $179 is this a good deal? would it blend wit my Athena micra 6's? Any comments are much apreciated :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Any 1?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6663
It should blend

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
Well thats a start :-) thanx! The problem with the current 8" subwoofer that comes with the Athena's is when theres a loud part of a movie, or in music the subwoofer cannot handle it and floors out. It goes all muddy and blurry. I hope the 10" will sort out this prblem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6672
Try it and find out, koop.
Overdoing the sub will kill the smaller setup, though.
It can only go so far.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Thanx for the information "Nuck" I think i will try it. 1 more question before i do. For approximately $70 more i can get a hsu stf1, which ive heard nothing but praise about. Whats your opinion on this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6675
Overdoing the sub will kill the smaller setup, though.
It can only go so far.

When the crossover points get too far away from each other, a fairly hollow gap is created. The Hsu is a great line, but you might get that gap.

But enough bass is subjective.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
So your saying i should stick with the Athena?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4507
The Hsu wouldn't be overkill. In fact with an 8 inch driver and more speed than average in a budget sub, it would be my choice in your setup. But then I've told you that before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Yeh i do bealive you have, im just concerned about the price, if im really gettin my moneys worth? or is it goin to be a case where the sub is better than my whole system?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4508
Don'y worry it ain't a REL or JL Audio, it's just a Hsu. Good all 'round performer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Ok, as long as it has more power than my current sub im fine thnx for all the help :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Velodyne VX-10 Subwoofer for $139, not bad rite?

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
scratch that last comment: Polk PSW12 for $179 12inch'er that things huge and nothing but good reviews on Amazon.com

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4512
Silas...buy what you want. Geez what a pain in the rear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Calmb down art, calmb down all im askin for is a little advice, and as im tight up on money i really need to make sure im getting what i pay for! u feel me? Yes the Hsu's are good, i agree but a bit out of my price range!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4515
You've been given advice...BTW the Hsu isn't the only advice you were given, earlier you and another buddy were given advice around a Dayton sub.

Hey I don't care if all you want to do is call out various sub models and wait for reactions but please don't act like you're asking for advice...you're not your just noodlin' without a cause.

A bunch of folks here have been kind enough to spend their time tryin' to help you and Shane and the various other new kids. Shite or get off the pot as my Daddy used to say!

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Forget u, and yes i am new to this, and no i dont have money, and yes i am asking for advice on trying to find "the best price to performance ratio" subwoofer out there!! so if ur fed up then leave see if i care

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4516
You are not asking for advice you are finding what you think is the prettiest product then asking us to validate your choice...not happenin'.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us