AVR 145 H/U question

Username: Hardcore_harmank

Wingham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I have my hi def bell pvr hooked up to the plasma...then audio out to the HK reciever.
The reason is so I can have my HDMI hookup from dish to tv, then optical to the HK reciever.

Am I by-passing the recievers 5.1 features by doing this?
I bought Component video cables today so i can hook pvr and hi def dvd player up to the HK then out via component vid and optical to the tv.

HELP ME!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Pynkfloyd

Post Number: 14
If you plan to use the AVR for video/audio switching so that only one video cable needs to be sent to the TV from the AVR, you need to also run the digital audio to the receiver from your PVR and DVD player as well.

If this is done you will be able to access the 5.1 track if the program/DVD you are watching is encoded as such.

Username: Hardcore_harmank

Wingham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the information......do you have any insight on the on screen display and why I can't get it to come up on the monitor?
This is pertaining to the HK AVR 145.

Thanks,
Phil.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Phil

It appears that the AVR 145 does not have the on screen menu capability when using component video.

On the back of the receiver you should see a yellow composite jack labeled monitor, just to the left of your component video input, once that output is connected to your plasma TV you can then access the on screen menu thru whatever input you have it connected to. It is really no big deal, because once you have tweaked everything you will not have to use the on screen menu that often.

Here is the link to a pic of the back of your receiver.

http://harmankardon.com/back.aspx?prod=AVR%20145&cat=REC&sType=C&Region=USA&Coun try=US&Language=ENG&ImgName=AVR145B.jpg

I hope this helps.

Mike

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6653
I always found that OSD did not work with a digital conn.

Yes, the componant vid should allow it.

The optical to the H/K is why no OSD.

Follow Mike's suggestion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
According to the HK manual the HK 145 is unable to display the OSD through the component video output, however more expensive models are capable of doing it.

Mike Arbia

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6682
So now what?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us